Could this be the answer to JP's tweet on cyclones.tv from last week (LINK)

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

How so? I'm sure he would agree that something is better than nothing, but a network is often carried on a number of carriers instead of just one. Hence, a Fox deal would probably get more homes than a Mediacom deal.

Maybe you are thinking of LH which no one is picking up, but Fox would be existing. ESPN kinda screwed themselves with the LHN, it doesn't have to be that way. Even if ISU did there own network and didn't team up with Fox, I'm sure they could get it on a number of networks if they kept it cheep enough to start out with. ESPN sunk too much money into LHN.

JMCato

Nov 21, 2011
Ankeny, IA
www.flickr.com
FSN>>>>Mediacom>>>>>Now = 0

Granted anything would be better than the current state of things but Mediacon= little more than a public access channel. If it's just on Mediacon, while it might actually be in more homes than LHN, it's still the same concept and doesn't do anything for someone like me who ditched cable and went to dish and will likely never go back.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Granted anything would be better than the current state of things

It sure is horrible being able to watch so many events live and unlimited HD replays of said events plus the features that Walters and his crew make...

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I don't want to sound like an *** but during this whole realignment saga your posts have generally been a collection of nonsense and idiotic ramblings.

Anyways, an FSN deal is very tough as much of eastern Iowa doesn't have FSN.

To that end, the press release just says Learfield has our rights. Learn to read.
I read the article, this all goes back to Learfield Sports which ISU has a contract with. Why with Learfield would we do a deal with Mediacom when other Learfield members are going through FSN?

JMCato

Nov 21, 2011
Ankeny, IA
www.flickr.com
It sure is horrible being able to watch so many events live and unlimited HD replays of said events plus the features that Walters and his crew make...

Yup that's what I really meant to say...

Pause...not
i think you know what I mean though currently it's all only on the computer and it takes some finagling and a little know how to get it onto your tv. Even something like putting out a Roku app to make the content more readily accessible to my tv would be better than putting it on mediacom.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I read the article, this all goes back to Learfield Sports which ISU has a contract with. Why with Learfield would we do a deal with Mediacom when other Learfield members are going through FSN?

Because all of the other schools that FSN has done a deal with have an FSN affiliate covering their entire home state?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
That is easy to fix get Dish and their sports pack.

I have Dish Network and luckily I don't even need sports pack as they show the FSN broadcasts on an alternate channel. But sometimes I like to go watch at my favorite bar that isn't so lucky.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I have Dish Network and luckily I don't even need sports pack as they show the FSN broadcasts on an alternate channel. But sometimes I like to go watch at my favorite bar that isn't so lucky.

Bars have Mediacom?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
It is not going to be an FSN deal... It will be a Mediacom deal
You may be right, but...

There is simply no way a deal with Mediacom could be portrayed as moving forward, or "the real deal." We had it, and it sucked so bad ISU created its own network. And now we're supposed to be excited that ISU might be on Mediacom again?

Anything short of live events being picked up by a national carrier like Fox, or at the very least being made available on ESPN Full Court, will be a massive disappointment.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
FSN does not cover a vast chunk of Eastern Iowa, including the second largest city in the state. That is a problem.

How is any different than Mediacom not covering part of the state?

Sports pack...ever heard of those? Makes it pretty easy to get a channel that isn't on the main tier. Last time I check you can't add a cable company to your entire town.

Help Support Us

Become a patron