VT in discussions with SEC

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Per VT athletic director can't link on my phone but blowing up on Twitter. ACC going down. I think these WV guys may be right this time.

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
Quick - call FSU, Duke, UNC and Miami! Best of the ACC in both sports. Hurry Bowlsby!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Of course they are. SEC wants North Carolina and Virginia presence and this surprises absolutely nobody that has paid any amount of attention. The real question is whether the SEC gets UNC or NCST to go with VT.

D

DistrictCyclone

Per VT athletic director can't link on my phone but blowing up on Twitter. ACC going down. I think these WV guys may be right this time.

I don't know if "blowing up" is what I'd call it...I see 3 tweets, including the original one which was at TheDudeofWV.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Whatever.... bring on this stupid 4 conference super power crap..... Its inevitable at this point.

D

DistrictCyclone

Is there any truth to that shaggybevo discussion about the TV networks wanting 3 20-team conferences?

kberyldial

Mar 20, 2006
So all these teams are going to conferences where they have no chance at success in ANY sport for a few more dollars. What sport does Va Tech win in the SEC? What does Rutgers win at in the Big 10? How do Mizzou fans feel right now? That and you (ADs and admins) are taking away almost all local/regional interest and rivalries in the process. This is turning college athletics to a dark side where ticket sales wane and overall interest goes away. At the end of the day alot of people are making alot of assumptions about fan interest over the long haul. Pro sports are national - to a degree. College teams can't function on the same level - yet here we go.

Reactions: Bamacyclone

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Whatever.... bring on this stupid 4 conference super power crap..... Its inevitable at this point.

Yeah, it will basically be the NFL. Play your division and a team or two from the other division once every 6 years. This is stupid but it's what it is. I don't like the fact we may play UT and OU only once in a great while. This will hurt our Texas recruiting. Hope additions come from FLA and open that up a little more but there's a chance that aven that team would only play us every 6 years. It's not even a conference anymore. 14 teams is too many and 16 is just stupid.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So all these teams are going to conferences where they have no chance at success in ANY sport for a few more dollars. What sport does Va Tech win in the SEC? What does Rutgers win at in the Big 10? How do Mizzou fans feel right now? That and you (ADs and admins) are taking away almost all local/regional interest and rivalries in the process. This is turning college athletics to a dark side where ticket sales wane and overall interest goes away. At the end of the day alot of people are making alot of assumptions about fan interest over the long haul. Pro sports are national - to a degree. College teams can't function on the same level - yet here we go.

Virginia Tech will compete in football in the SEC. Which will be something new because for years only Florida, Alabama, and LSU were regularly competitive in the SEC.

What sport did Rutgers win at in the Big East? Women's basketball? Big fracking deal.

How do Mizzou fans feel right now? Probably not much different than they historically have felt in the Big 8/Big 12, since they're about as competitive in the SEC right now as they've historically been in the Big 8/Big 12.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
If VT jumps, the other major ACC football powers will not be far behind.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yeah, it will basically be the NFL. Play your division and a team or two from the other division once every 6 years. This is stupid but it's what it is. I don't like the fact we may play UT and OU only once in a great while. This will hurt our Texas recruiting. Hope additions come from FLA and open that up a little more but there's a chance that aven that team would only play us every 6 years. It's not even a conference anymore. 14 teams is too many and 16 is just stupid.

Yep it will end up being basically 2 conferences in 1 and the winner goes to this so called playoff. **** this **** I am so sick of this crap.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I get the money angle, but why do they want to turn college football into NFL lite, only with the players paid at XFL level via scholarships?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron