Rutgers Official to B1G

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Color me unimpressed. I think the B1G gives NYC too much credit for caring about Rutgers athletics by their blatant money grab for their TV sets

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
OB-VK599_1120ru_G_20121120123835.jpg

8,000+ Rutger Fans Welcomes BIG 10. LOL

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Color me unimpressed. I think the B1G gives NYC too much credit for caring about Rutgers athletics by their blatant money grab for their TV sets

You know, there are quite a few alumni of other Big 10 teams in NYC!

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Nice for them. But wht does it have to do with ISU football?

Do you feel better about yourself for this post? Are you the one that determines the validity of someones thoughts? Do you do this on Facebook too? Determine whether or not a persons commentary is worth the two seconds your eyes took to read it? Get over yourself man.

As someone said, any conference realignment affects all of college football and last I checked, ISU has a college football team and this is a place to discuss matters that may affect them. But thanks for caring enough to pipe up with your worthwhile commentary on the matter.

TheBentStick

Aug 15, 2012
Wht? Yeah, you forgot the letter "a". And since apparently you're the Barney Fife of CF, I thought you'd like to know of your error. Carry on.

Upon further investigation, I see you did remember the "a" in your screen name. But you forgot an "s" or two.
Keep on keeping on.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I used to think the same way - actually I still think that there is hardly anybody in the NYC Metro that gives a damn about Rutgers. However, ever since FOX Sports, the owner of BTN, bought YES (you know, the network that televises New York Yankees games), I really don't think the Big 10 gives a damn whether anyone in New York gives a damn about Rutgers, because if NYC Metro cable companies want to continue having access to YES (Yankees games), they're going to have to put BTN on the basic subscription tier. Viola - that's 10 million+ cable subscribers in NYC, 5+ million Long Isanders, 5+ million New Jerseyites, and another couple of million of upstaters that don't give a damn about Rutgers that are going to "demand" BTN because they want to keep watching Yankees games. Consider it a master stroke by FOX to ensure that every single cable subscriber in the largest media market in the country is forced to pay for BTN whether they want to or not.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Rutgers (and Maryland) are not great football additions, but that is a new media area for Big Ten Network. I don't agree with the logic, but I understand where the money is pushing these guys.

TheBentStick

Aug 15, 2012
I used to think the same way - actually I still think that there is hardly anybody in the NYC Metro that gives a damn about Rutgers. However, ever since FOX Sports, the owner of BTN, bought YES (you know, the network that televises New York Yankees games), I really don't think the Big 10 gives a damn whether anyone in New York gives a damn about Rutgers, because if NYC Metro cable companies want to continue having access to YES (Yankees games), they're going to have to put BTN on the basic subscription tier. Viola - that's 10 million+ cable subscribers in NYC, 5+ million Long Isanders, 5+ million New Jerseyites, and another couple of million of upstaters that don't give a damn about Rutgers that are going to "demand" BTN because they want to keep watching Yankees games. Consider it a master stroke by FOX to ensure that every single cable subscriber in the largest media market in the country is forced to pay for BTN whether they want to or not.

This all got more complicated today because News Corp just bought 49% of YES, apparently to help their efforts in Fox going head to head with ESPN. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

There are more Big 10 alumni and fans in the NYC metro than in several midwest states combined!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
There are more Big 10 alumni and fans in the NYC metro than in several midwest states combined!

That's nice. But I'm originally a New Yorker. Trust me - nobody there cares about the Big 10, just like relatively few in Chicago really care about it, either. It's a pro sports town. But like I said, that doesn't matter, not when BTN can hold Yankees fans hostage by threatening to pull YES.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron