ISU vs North Carolina A&T @ 7:00 PM Game Day Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I will be watching. Can't take this team lightly, just because they got beat by Cincinnati.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Nerd alert: This opponent was my major national rival during an old March Madness 2005 dynasty. Back in the fictional day, they recruited a dominant 7'4" center from Germany. We traded Final Four wins and national titles back and forth.

For purely nerd reasons, I'm excited to see them on our schedule, and to see our guys avenge their pixelized counterparts. For competitive reasons, I look forward to winning the tipoff. Everything after that is a given.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Nerd alert: This opponent was my major national rival during an old March Madness 2005 dynasty. Back in the fictional day, they recruited a dominant 7'4" center from Germany. We traded Final Four wins and national titles back and forth.

For purely nerd reasons, I'm excited to see them on our schedule, and to see our guys avenge their pixelized counterparts. For competitive reasons, I look forward to winning the tipoff. Everything after that is a given.

You don't need to say nerd alert. Just post

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
What does A&T stand for?
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University is an academic community focused on students—providing them with interdisciplinary learning opportunities, teaching them with faculty renowned for excellence, connecting them to cutting edge discoveries in research, and encouraging them to serve their communities.
From our roots as an 1890 land-grant university, we have expanded and adapted to become a school fit for the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century and beyond.

N.C. A&T still has award-winning faculty, intensive research programs and community-focused initiatives — but now our campus is more diverse, our curriculum includes nanoengineering and our idea of public service encompasses not only Greensboro, but the world.

Reactions: ISUCY23

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Quick Aggie scouting report:

They beat a DII school Greensboro for their only win. They lost at home to Utah Valley by 9 and on the road to Wright State by 12 before getting utterly demolished by Cincy.

They are shooting 19% from 3pt range on the season and just 33% from the field. Their one strength would seem to be offensive rebounding, as they are averaging 12 per game, including 18 against Cincinnati, although they are getting out rebounded on the season.

Their best player is #30 Lamont Middleton, a 6'3" JR averagine 13 pts and 4 rbs, their only player in double digits. He also leads the team with 9 assist, along with 12 turnovers, so he may play the point. They have no one on their team with a positive assist-TO ratio.

Their leading rebounder and tallest player is #31 Austin Witter at 6'8" and listed at 195# (!!) He averages just under 8 boards and 6 points per game.

All in all, they are at the Alabama A&M level, not the Southern/Campbell level of talent.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Having a hard time getting excited enough for this to drive up to Ames. I hate pre season boring blowout games.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Having a hard time getting excited enough for this to drive up to Ames. I hate pre season boring blowout games.

Come for walking tacos and stay for the game? Actually, I kinda want to try the chicken sandwiches they are offering this year. They might be good.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I like them, but the lines are ridiculous. (And it's usually cold) The only way to get them is by getting there really early or leaving part of the game.