The 25 worst airports in America

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The 25 Worst Airports in America, From Newark to Dallas (Photos) - The Daily Beast

Interesting to see. I've been to 18 of the 25 they list, and in my opinion, they got most of the worst ones, although the omissions of Sky Harbor and SeaTac are glaring. I disagree with Denver being on the list, though. I've always had good experiences there, and they have a ton of amenities if you get tied up there for a while.

For me, the worst will always be O'Hare, with Atlanta being a close second, and Dallas at 3rd.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
The 25 Worst Airports in America, From Newark to Dallas (Photos) - The Daily Beast

Interesting to see. I've been to 18 of the 25 they list, and in my opinion, they got most of the worst ones, although the omissions of Sky Harbor and SeaTac are glaring. I disagree with Denver being on the list, though. I've always had good experiences there, and they have a ton of amenities if you get tied up there for a while.

For me, the worst will always be O'Hare, with Atlanta being a close second, and Dallas at 3rd.

I spent 36 hours in the Denver Airport, but that was because of a blizzard. Denver shouldn't be on this list.

Newark is the dirtiest and O'hare security takes forever.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I spent 36 hours in the Denver Airport, but that was because of a blizzard. Denver shouldn't be on this list.

Newark is the dirtiest and O'hare security takes forever.

I got lost trying to get to Newark airport at roughly 4AM one time with no GPS and no directions. Just trying to follow road signs. You know what is a scary place around 4AM? Newark.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I've been to 16 - I don't see how O'Hare can only be listed at #4. You can pretty much guarantee that you're going to be delayed if you're flying back through there on the late Friday night flight. And they take forever to deice the planes.

Atlanta really is a dirty cesspool of an airport, it's probably my least favorite in theory (practically, I know O'Hare is the worst one to go through).

I've had the best luck overall with Memphis, Minneapolis, and Denver.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I got lost trying to get to Newark airport at roughly 4AM one time with no GPS and no directions. Just trying to follow road signs. You know what is a scary place around 4AM? Newark.

Try being a chick having to ask directions at a gas station in the rough part of NOLA right near the airport right after Katrina. :no: That sucked, I was really scared.

My dumbest airport signs mistake was not getting good enough directions to the Montreal airport I was going to - because there are two, and the exits to each are right beside each other. And the road signs are in freaking French. And there were damn roundabouts everywhere.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
My dumbest airport signs mistake was not getting good enough directions to the Montreal airport I was going to - because there are two, and the exits to each are right beside each other. And the road signs are in freaking French. And there were damn roundabouts everywhere.

I had the same problem trying to find customs when I de-planed in Montreal. lol I figured at least there'd be dual-langague signs.

Nope.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Milwaukee and SeaTac are tops for "major" airports for me. We went to someplace in Montana one time and that airport was wretched.

Denver is weird as hell (look up the conspiracy theories about some if the paintings, the barbed wire facing in, the creepy horse out front) but I've always had nice experiences, Minneapolis/St. Paul has been good to me, and Cincinnati for some reason sticks out as a pleasant experience.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Seatac is pretty nice, I was just there on friday.

Dallas and LGA are the two worst I have ever been to.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
What's so bad about Sky Harbor? I've never had a problem there, and the Internet is free.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I had the same problem trying to find customs when I de-planed in Montreal. lol I figured at least there'd be dual-langague signs.

Nope.

Yeah, they're pretty serious about their French up there. If it had been Spanish, I would have had a shot at reading it.

Milwaukee and SeaTac are tops for "major" airports for me. We went to someplace in Montana one time and that airport was wretched.

Denver is weird as hell (look up the conspiracy theories about some if the paintings, the barbed wire facing in, the creepy horse out front) but I've always had nice experiences, Minneapolis/St. Paul has been good to me, and Cincinnati for some reason sticks out as a pleasant experience.

Cincinnati is the one with the mall, right? Sort of in a giant X shape? I think I liked that one, other than the stupid bus things you had to catch to change terminals.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I've lived in Chicago on and off for most of my life and the meltdowns I've seen by people in O'Hare are indescribable. That place has broken the human spirit.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
What's so bad about DFW? I've flown in and out of there several times with the only problem being a 24 hour stay due to severe weather and hail damage on the planes. Plenty of amenities.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
What's so bad about DFW? I've flown in and out of there several times with the only problem being a 24 hour stay due to severe weather and hail damage on the planes. Plenty of amenities.

In my experience, it's just a pain to lug around in there since it seems like I always fly in on the exact opposite end of the airport, and your flights are often delayed. It's not so much the airport itself in that situation.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I've been to 7 of them but then I will be at another 3 at the end of this week.

Bamacyclone

Jan 7, 2012
SE
I don't mind DFW or PHX. No worse odds of delays than most majors.

Newark tops the bottom of my list. Dirty, mean, and I seem to always get delayed.

D

DistrictCyclone

How does MCI (Kansas City) not make this list? There is absolutely nothing to do in the terminal once you pass security except sit there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron