The Big 12 Influence on ISU vs. Iowa

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
This is what recruiting Texas has done to our program.

Before Big 12:
ISU vs. Iowa
2mql05s.png

After Big 12:
ISU vs. Iowa
2a92rma.png

BloodyBuddy

Mar 13, 2012
Pretty much sums it up. No wonder the Hawks are so scared of this game, and want to get rid of it.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I still maintain it's not just recruiting Texas that has made the difference. It's the revenue sharing, TV money, etc. that led to facilities upgrades as much or more than anything else. In the 80's and early 90's almost none of our games were on TV, there was very little revenue sharing and we literally had glorified high school facilities.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
Don't the hoks still hold an NCAA record for the most losing football seasons at something like 19 seasons? Can't beat them don't schedule them that is there take.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
It was Danny Mac and a change in the football culture, additional resources, along with Iowa falling apart in 98-01, that helped turn this thing around. Recruiting texas helped, but it was just a part of this.

CyPull

Jan 19, 2012
Waterloo
Don't the hoks still hold an NCAA record for the most losing football seasons at something like 19 seasons? Can't beat them don't schedule them that is there take.

I think they had 19 or 20 consecutive "non-winning" seasons. They had a season with a like # of wins and losses in that mix somewhere. Anyway, that stretch of futility was a D1 record as I recall. Don't know if it's since been surpassed...

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
tate knocking himself out of the game after throwing an interception.

That was one of the best days ever--I had so many Iowa fans from HS talking so much smack before that game that were utterly silent afterwards. It was glorious.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
I think they had 19 or 20 consecutive "non-winning" seasons. They had a season with a like # of wins and losses in that mix somewhere. Anyway, that stretch of futility was a D1 record as I recall. Don't know if it's since been surpassed...
What team holds the record for most consecutive losing seasons in Division I college football

Best Answer

The all-time record for most consecutive losing seasons is held by Prairie View A&M University in Prairie View, Texas. PVAMU, a Division I-AA (FCS) school, compiled 31 consecutive losing seasons from 1976-2006. From 1989-1998, the Panthers lost an NCAA record (all divisions) 80-straight games, nearly doubling second-place Columbia's 44 consecutive losses. The Panthers finally achieved a winning 7-3 record in 2007 before going 9-1 in 2008, and again going 9-1 as well as winning the SWAC championship in 2009.

Oregon State University ran up 28 consecutive losing seasons from 1971-1998 to earn the NCAA Division I-A (FBS) record for consecutive losing seasons. During that time the Beavers compiled a 65-238-6 record.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
That was one of the best days ever--I had so many Iowa fans from HS talking so much smack before that game that were utterly silent afterwards. It was glorious.

They were utterly silent during as well.

True story. I was so drunk going into that game that my wife and I ended up in the wrong section. We were right in the middle of the Hawkeye visitors section. I was so drunk that I vomited on my way into the stadium. Luckily the ticket taker let me in.

Well, I was drunk, loud, and obnoxious. The visiting Hawks around me were just dumbfounded. My wife had to shut me up before I got into a fight.

Good times.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
They were utterly silent during as well.

True story. I was so drunk going into that game that my wife and I ended up in the wrong section. We were right in the middle of the Hawkeye visitors section. I was so drunk that I vomited on my way into the stadium. Luckily the ticket taker let me in.

Well, I was drunk, loud, and obnoxious. The visiting Hawks around me were just dumbfounded. My wife had to shut me up before I got into a fight.

Good times.

I remember a church on Lincoln Way had this posted on their outside bulletin board the next day:

Good triumphs over evil.
23-3

Wish I would have taken a picture.