Barnett

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't know if one should read too much into this, but Josh Lenz, Brayden Burris and Jansen Watson are not on the depth chart. Was Lenz re-injured Saturday?

Also, Gannon slides over to start at RT, and Oni Omoile makes his depth chart debut backing up Lichtenburg at RG. I think there is a decent chance that Lichtenburg and Gannon are the starting tackles next year, with Omoile or Graham or one of the other deep bench of guards stepping up at RG. I like the potential in Lalk and Dagel, but it seems like they could use one more year.

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
The few shots we got on the sideline of the KU game showed Barnett as really into the game and he seemed very happy for the success Sam was having - seems like a future coach to me.

ISU1294

Apr 29, 2011
You gotta love a kid like Jared. He goes from starter to 3rd string and yet every time you see him on the sidelines he has his headset on, smiling and congratulating the other quarterbacks coming off the field. He may not be the starter but he is helping in anyway he can to make this team better. Thats cyclone football and why I love this team.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
The few shots we got on the sideline of the KU game showed Barnett as really into the game and he seemed very happy for the success Sam was having - seems like a future coach to me.

I saw that too. Seemed very excited and congratulatory.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I don't think Barnett is selfish at all. He doesn't seem like a kid that would transfer..He may, but seems All In as a Cyclone.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
You gotta love a kid like Jared. He goes from starter to 3rd string and yet every time you see him on the sidelines he has his headset on, smiling and congratulating the other quarterbacks coming off the field. He may not be the starter but he is helping in anyway he can to make this team better. Thats cyclone football and why I love this team.

And that is one of the reasons why I love Jared Barnett. Barnett's contributions are invaluable whether he is wearing the headset or whether he is on the field. The guy is All Cyclone and ALL IN. No doubt about it. And he will do whatever he is asked to make the team better. And having a good backup at QB that is ready is always nice. Jantz could be dinged up. And if SR would happen to get dinged it sure is nice to have a quality guy like Barnett that can step in. It is football. You never know.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I don't know if one should read too much into this, but Josh Lenz, Brayden Burris and Jansen Watson are not on the depth chart. Was Lenz re-injured Saturday?

Also, Gannon slides over to start at RT, and Oni Omoile makes his depth chart debut backing up Lichtenburg at RG. I think there is a decent chance that Lichtenburg and Gannon are the starting tackles next year, with Omoile or Graham or one of the other deep bench of guards stepping up at RG. I like the potential in Lalk and Dagel, but it seems like they could use one more year.

I think Shaban Dika is a lock to start, he just needs to stay healthy

JAFO

Oct 3, 2010
Iowa
Jared Barnett is a guy I want on this team. Congratulations Jared for being a great teammate. It takes a quality young man to react as he did in the Kansas game. Rhoads said of Barnett something like there is no finer young man on this team. I beleive he is a team leader. Experienced back-up QB is important. I saw him hosting Cousins (sp?) the D-lineman who signed with ISU at a restaurant.

CyAndrew23

Dec 28, 2011
What have you seen of Shaban that makes you make a bold statement like this??

CPR has talked highly of him on the call in show saying that he was one of the linemen who could really move bodies. Sounds pretty good for the line since we haven't been opening up holes very well besides the KU game.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Placing my bet that Barnett will be gone after this season. Just a feeling.

Wouldn't surprise, and I wouldn't have any hard feelings, but it just feels wrong that someone with such a special place in ISU history wouldn't actually finish his career at ISU.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Well... at least Sam Richardson will be making the initial pitch on that reverse pass so we won't have to worry about Jantz getting his pitch intercepted before the ball can get in Barnett's hands. :wideeyed:

At least Jantz has somewhat improved this year... The biggest worry with Jantz would be that he'd fumble it away before making the pass. Especially if he was concussed. :smile: