Conference realignment train coming down the tracks again?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Rutgers is expected to announce their move to the B1G tomorrow. I hope this opens up the door for FSU to come the the Big 12. I don't necessarily want them, but we need to grow to keep up with the other conferences and they are the best/most available option for the Big 12.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah, either ACC is going to poach again to get back to 14 or someone else will leave the ACC. We will see what falls out.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I wish we could have just stayed with the old conferences. Seriously hate the Big 10 for doing all of this. I understand it is all about the money but it is getting annoying. They are ruining college football with this. It ruins rival games.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I wish we could have just stayed with the old conferences. Seriously hate the Big 10 for doing all of this. I understand it is all about the money but it is getting annoying. They are ruining college football with this. It ruins rival games.

At the end of the day, all that just happened is that two mediocre leagues became even more mediocre. Nothing to see here, especially if you are a viewer of sports on TV in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
I'd rather stay at 10 teams, but if there was a time to gun for Florida State, it's now. Who would the other school be?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
FSU and GaTech would be my top choices, but GT pines for the B1G. WOuld love to have VaTech as well.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
Pay attention to what Maryland negotiates the $50 mil buyout down to. If it's something reasonable, I wouldn't be surprised if FSU & Clemson look to eject...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I really am nervous again because of this. Just don't want any poachers to come in and take some big 12 teams.

Im4State

Oct 16, 2009
Urbandale
I think Big 12 needs to move to 14 teams like SEC and B1G are going to.

My choices would be:

-Louisville (could be our conf rival, battle of the red colored birds)
-Virginia or Va Tech (to be rival with WV)
-Clemson (for FSU)
-Florida State (for Clemson)

UT has OU (red river)
KSU has KU (sunflower state)
OSU has TTU (shootout rivalry)
TCU has Baylor (religious rivalry)

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009

My choices would be:

-Clemson (for FSU)

UT has OU (red river)
KSU has KU (sunflower state)
OSU has TTU (shootout rivalry)
TCU has Baylor (religious rivalry)
Yup have to make a move, at least land Louisville then FSU.

cylentMike

Aug 15, 2012
I see it reported tha University of Maryland is moving to the Big 10, giving that conference 13 teams. Surely they aren't done, and they've pried open the ACC for poachers, which Neinas was unable to do.

Katy bar the door?

Maryland Terrapins accept invitation to join Big Ten, sources say - ESPN

The Big 10 is looking to add better quality teams. Teams that can be competitive. Unlike their current roster of cellar dwelling teams (Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue.....). Maybe this upgrade should include MAC members as well.:v_SPIN:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

My choices would be:

-Clemson (for FSU)

I don't think the Big 12 will get a shot at UVA or VTech. NCST seems more likely from that region.