NO Asst Coach worth a crap would come

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
Some seem to think that firing the assistants is again the answer to all of our problems and that doing so should save Mac's job, again.

I just have one question...WHAT ASSISTANT COACH WOULD BE DUMB ENOUGH TO COME HERE RIGHT NOW???????????????????????? This is going to be a year by year job at best if Mac is allowed to come back.

Even an assistant with a resume written in crayon would be smart enough to steer clear of this situation that will undoubtedly end with everyone in the unemployment line.

It's the same problem we're going to have with recruits. There is ZERO stability in the program if Mac's here.

cyflyer

Apr 11, 2006
Waukee
We are beyond that now. If we would have finished well enough to make a bowl, I think you replace BC, because things should have been done better this year. The OL and the offense over-all has not improved under him in the 3 years he's been hear.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
You know, I wasn't sure until the use of 20+ questions marks were used. Now I'm convinced you are correct.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I counted 16 and then my eyes went buggy. Mac can pull good assistants because good assistants have come through consistently, succeeded, and moved on to other jobs. And assistant coaches can make a huge difference in a program. And seriously, Bone.......this is a game, played mostly by kids who can't legally drink yet, and in the end, it is for entertainment.

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
Cyclone2thebone,

Love the picture on your profile! I was laughing so hard it almost woke the kids up!!

A picture is worth .......

Last edited:

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
I counted 16 and then my eyes went buggy. Mac can pull good assistants because good assistants have come through consistently, succeeded, and moved on to other jobs. And assistant coaches can make a huge difference in a program. And seriously, Bone.......this is a game, played mostly by kids who can't legally drink yet, and in the end, it is for entertainment.

I'm unsure why you're preaching to me in your last sentence.

You're also wrong if you think that Mac could get a good offensive coordinator to replace Cotton right now. Unless, Pollard intimated to this assistant that he would have the inside track as Mac's replacement when the inevitable implosion takes place next year. Without this, an assistant would be basically signing up for a 1-year gig for a boss that is going to be fired after his next screw-up. If Mac does come back, the leash is going to be short!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (31 if you're scoring at home)

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
I agree with the basic premise -- I think the only way we would get a good OC at this point is to find an up-and-comer for whom it is a big promotion. No one like that is ever a sure thing though.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
How about Jack Hamm? Vernon Davis? Willy Cotton? Let's just make a change for change sake. This season has been like the insane asylum with all the problems. Like the Dallas Cowboys and last year the Philly Eagles.

darts180

Apr 12, 2006

Just how are you related to Mac. What is being said here is the truth. An established assistant will NOT come here unless they think that the can walk into the job after Mac is fired.

There are better stepping stones on a resume than being a coordinator for a lame duck who has divided the fanbase.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
And seriously, Bone.......this is a game, played mostly by kids who can't legally drink yet, and in the end, it is for entertainment.

As true as that might be, this is a multi-million dollar business as well. Aside from the fact that, the better our team does, the more likely our players will be drafted into the NFL where they can make their big-time careers. That's where it splits off from just being for entertainment... it may be that way to us, but its not necessarily that way to them (the players).

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
How many OCs have we been through?
How much has really changed with each one?
The same things were said after the 03 season. How many times are we going to let Mac fire some assisstants to save his own behind?