How Long Does Jantz Play Friday

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
You have to think we'll see him on senior day unless he really did get injured tonight. But will it be just one series or do we have to wait for the standard 'Jantz Turnover' first to honor him?

Rex

Nov 3, 2011
Ames
Hopefully none at all. He is probably the only qb on the roster that would look bad against WV. Jantz is terrible. Bad at reading the d when he throws and possibly the worst zone read qb I have seen.i'd rather see Bueker.

Last edited:

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
one series to start the game and then maybe another series when we are up 50 - 10 in the fourth quarter

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Hopefully he gets in at the end when ISU has the game in the bag. I've never been a fan of his QB ability but he seems like a good guy and his career hasn't been a failure. The man is 2-0 against Iowa. That alone is pretty cool to me.

Apr 19, 2006
Hopefully he gets in at the end when ISU has the game in the bag. I've never been a fan of his QB ability but he seems like a good guy and his career hasn't been a failure. The man is 2-0 against Iowa. That alone is pretty cool to me.
I agree I almost hope he comes out and starts on senior day. At least take the first snap or series.

I don't have anything against any of the players I just want to win, progress, and produce like we did tonight. Keep the ball moving forward.

Go clones!! I'm proud to be one!

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Hopefully none at all. He is probably the only qb on the roster that would look bad against WV. Jantz is terrible. Bad at reading the d when he throws and possibly the worst zone read qb I have seen.i'd rather see Bueker.
Hey, we found our new OC when we need one!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
You have to think we'll see him on senior day unless he really did get injured tonight. But will it be just one series or do we have to wait for the standard 'Jantz Turnover' first to honor him?

Jantz will start on senior day. One TD pass, but team falls behind 10-7.

Richardson enters and ISU builds 42-23 lead.

Barnett plays entire fourth quarter.

Who says QB controversy is a bad thing? :smile:

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012

You're right about that last part. He may not have had the best career here, and never really put together any string of great games against Big 12 teams, but he was 2-0 against the Bad Guys. For that alone he earns my respect.

cy616

Dec 17, 2008
Chicago, IL

What a d-bag post.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Jantz has had a decent run in Non-conference play. The Big XII is another story. I like the idea of rewarding him with a start on Senior Day. But Richardson does deserve to be the starter. And a big Jantz turnover on the first series could be a killer. And that is entirely possible.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Jantz will start on senior day. One TD pass, but team falls behind 10-7.

Richardson enters and ISU builds 42-23 lead.

Barnett plays entire fourth quarter.

Who says QB controversy is a bad thing? :smile:

I'll take that! Final score: ISU 45 WVU 30 ?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Need this win to help with bowl chances......which means jantz should not be on the field until we need someone to line up in the victory formation!!!

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I also like the sentimental idea, but I really like winning. Have to start Sam and play him until (and if) he puts the game out of reach.

I think our coaches like winning too. Jantz is a nice kid that brought us some wins but at this point we have to worry about the W first not "getting his" on Senior day.

Victory formation duties would be good.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron