Women's Cross Country Team goes for NCAA Title Today

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I don't know what anybody else is doing at 11:00 am, but a small, determined group of ISU athletes is going to try and represent the University at the highest level. Hopefully, winning an NCAA title. Good luck to them and their coaches! You can follow at this link.

NCAA Live - NCAA.com

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don't know what anybody else is doing at 11:00 am, but a small, determined group of ISU athletes is going to try and represent the University at the highest level. Hopefully, winning an NCAA title. Good luck to them and their coaches! You can follow at this link.

NCAA Live - NCAA.com

I am watching. Two Cyclone jerseys right up front but the blasted annoucners are only talking the leader and FSU FSU FSU FSU FSU. Oh, they just mentioned Betsy!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Meaghan hanging on to 8th.

Update: I think she finished 15th or so. Missed the text on it but that was my count +/-.

Last edited:

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Ouch. Had my hopes up for a team national championship. Oh well, Betsy really did her part!

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
A765zkdCAAAjQ7A.jpg

Pollard congratulating our champion!

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Great win by Betsy. Congratulations. We have an NCAA Champion. Wish the 3-4-5 runners could have had better days, but it is what it is. It will be nice to not have to hear about a certain Oregon runner, anymore. At least where cross country is concerned.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
I AM SO PROUD TO BE AN IOWA STATE ALUM!!! I couldn't start to name all the Iowa State athletes, coaches, and administrators that are making a positive contribution to collegiate sports under the Iowa State banner. Living 15-20 miles outside of Ann Arbor makes it seem as if there is no other Universities in the world other than Michigan and whoever they are about to vanquish next. Recently the women and men of Iowa State have been punching holes in this wall of noise and are making their personal marks while wearing Cardinal and Gold on their chests or their hearts. I love it and I AM SO PROUD OF IOWA STATE ATHLETICS!!!

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Betsy ran an awesome race! Meaghan was with the lead pack for quite a while; the course didn't favor her (the Indiana course is better for her and maybe ISU in general), but she went for it anyway with a gutsy race. Congrats to both of them for stellar seasons. The rest of the team hit a big road bump, a learning experience for sure. Regardless, a superb season overall for women's xc.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Having Aliphine would have helped us to 4th. Too bad we couldn't talk her into another career.

Having Aliphine last year (2011) would have resulted in ISU winning the national title (all else being equal). Oh well, water under the bridge. If they keep up the training and the recruiting, hopefully their time will come.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron