Galaxy S3 - Anybody found flash for it?

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
So I have the S3 and love it mostly. Battery life has been iffy but the screen is ginormous so I understand. But...they discontinued flash support. Has anyone found anyway to get flash to run on it?

Thanks

Reactions: ianoconnor

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
You can download the apk directly from Flash developer website. I'll try to find the link. NOTE: not sure what browser you use on your S3 but Flash will not work on Chrome.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Archived Flash Player versions

Scroll down to the version of Android you are running. Not guaranteeing it will work with your browser though. If it doesn't just uninstall. There are some free browsers you can get from Play Store that work with flash out of the box. I've never tried any though. I use Firefox with a download from that link and it works great.

Reactions: ripvdub

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
So I have the S3 and love it mostly. Battery life has been iffy but the screen is ginormous so I understand. But...they discontinued flash support. Has anyone found anyway to get flash to run on it?

Thanks

I had the GS3 for a couple months, now I have the Note II. That screen is big.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
No phone with Ice Cream Sandwich or later has flash just to clear things up.

And for battery life try Juice Defender. It turns apps off when you aren't using them and they start immediately when you are using them. I've found it saves a lot of battery.

Reactions: Boxerdaddy

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Well that was easy. Just grabbed the last archived version of flash for Android 4.0 (i'm on 4.1) and installed it. No reason for the 4.99 "premium" version of the cyclones.tv app now.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Thanks for this thread, guys. Got flash working on Dolphin browser again by installing that archived version of Flash.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I had the GS3 for a couple months, now I have the Note II. That screen is big.

Isn't the Note II hard to hold? I've found the GS3 is right one the edge of comfortable holding to my ear. I couldn't image trying to hold anything much larger.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
Isn't the Note II hard to hold? I've found the GS3 is right one the edge of comfortable holding to my ear. I couldn't image trying to hold anything much larger.

I know right? Here's the crazy thing. After 2 weeks with the Note II, I feel like it is just right or even a little small. It's easy to hold and isn't hard to hold to ear.

It's a quad core and is very fast. Awesome to web browse and games.

Looked back on the GS3, and they thing is way too small lol.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
How do you compare the two, is the Note too big to fit in pocket comfortably? I am looking at new phone and will go either S3 or the Note2

It all comes down to would like you a bigger screen and the S Pen?

If you magnify the Note 2, it is a little more clear, than the S3. It fits in my pocket just fine and little to no bulk.

It has a one-handed operation mode, where you can select left or right side so all the numbers go on the left or the right. Also had that in texting mode.

When the update comes out for dual windows that will be cool. Very fast and smooth.

I would take it hands down over the GS3. Battery life is the same if not better.

Google Now is fantastic, much better than S Voice.

View attachment 16334
View attachment 16335

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron