I really hope coach PR will make some changes.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
There is no imagination to our offense and thinking you can play straight up in the Big 12 with inferior talent is ludicris. It seems like Mess is out of touch/ Has no feel how to call a game more often then not.
It seems like so often we will get on a role and then stops dead cause of a bad play call. Texas offense mixes things up better then we do and they have superior talent.
I want Mess to stay on as a coach some how but a new OC is in demand.

The Line coaches need a serious 4yr evaluation. So far Bliel and Brey have shown me NOTHING other then why they were at Akron and Temple. The DL is just pathetic and the OL is not that great. I NEVER see improvement as the year goes on in those positions except on the other teams. And the only player development seems to be from the weight lifting end.

Our WR have regressed a ton leaving a BAD impression of the new WR coach he hired.

I appoligize in advance if you don't like my point of view. But if you disagree I'd like an civil discussion on why you think I'm wrong on my opinion.

Bobby45

Aug 15, 2012
Messingham as our Off Coordinator is a JOKE....As they say MESS is a Complete MESS...

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Kind of wish we'd just taken a flyer on scott frost

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
It's hard to be creative when Jantz has 2 seconds to throw.
Yup. And Jantz is limited and pretty inaccurate. I understand that he is our best option but our QB play has just been below average.

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
With the personnel ISU has to work with, changes will do very little unless a Cam Newton type player "miraculously" ends up in Ames......

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
It's not entirely the fault of our OC. It's our QB and OL. Our QB can't make a pass and our OL can't give him enough time.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
With the personnel ISU has to work with, changes will do very little unless a Cam Newton type player "miraculously" ends up in Ames......
I think you can get 2nd tier players who fit into a system better than what we're seeing.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I don't think you can change the offense yet..if it's still the same old story next year, I'd say you can. But next year will be a lot of young guys that have been completely brought here to run this offense, and that's why I hate the idea of changing it.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
There is no imagination to our offense and thinking you can play straight up in the Big 12 with inferior talent is ludicris. It seems like Mess is out of touch/ Has no feel how to call a game more often then not.
It seems like so often we will get on a role and then stops dead cause of a bad play call. Texas offense mixes things up better then we do and they have superior talent.
I want Mess to stay on as a coach some how but a new OC is in demand.

The Line coaches need a serious 4yr evaluation. So far Bliel and Brey have shown me NOTHING other then why they were at Akron and Temple. The DL is just pathetic and the OL is not that great. I NEVER see improvement as the year goes on in those positions except on the other teams. And the only player development seems to be from the weight lifting end.

Our WR have regressed a ton leaving a BAD impression of the new WR coach he hired.

I appoligize in advance if you don't like my point of view. But if you disagree I'd like an civil discussion on why you think I'm wrong on my opinion.

I completely disagree and think that the DL has played much improved over any of the other groups. The DB's have done much better getting INT's but the DL has really stopped most teams running games. They have also gotten more sacks this year against the second level O-lines. Not even Alabama's front four get many sacks playing base defense every down.

cyclones18

Apr 20, 2010
Ames
The OL is fine. We continually throw the ball when we are clearly more of a running team. We ran 3 plays in a row on the ground and picked up about 18 yards. Then threw that deep ball for no reason on a 2nd and 4. Where is the logic?