Mike Brown Fired

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
hilarious... although I don't know who could manage to keep all those personalities together

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
that didn't take long. Just this morning I was reading an article about how the Lakers upcoming homestand would decide his fate. Guess not.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
5 games in, that's ridiculous. They should have hired Adelman or Brian Shaw in the first place, Brown was never a good fit there.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Brown is overrated, this was only a matter of time. He'll be an analyst for a few years and then be someone other franchises retread hire.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
As a Pacers Fan this sucks...Brian Shaw will be on the short list to replace him. Assuming they don't hire from within to finish the season.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Brown is overrated, this was only a matter of time. He'll be an analyst for a few years and then be someone other franchises retread hire.

Who is he overrated by? He's actually a very good defensive coach, offensively he has a lot of room for improvement. His Cavs teams were very stagnant offensively against good defensive teams and he certainly wouldn't be my first choice to implement an offense for Gasol, Nash, Kobe and Dwight, but I don't think he's overrated. He's never mentioned as being on the Poppovich, Carlisle level.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
The moment he chose to institute Princeton offense that takes some of the offensive workload from Kobe, that was when his fate had been decided. Kobe wants the ball all the time. Thou shalt not take the ball from Kobe's hands

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Wow. Just one day after team president said his job was safe. I guess that really is the kiss of death!

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
Mike Brown's a good defensive coach, but as an offensive mind, he is one of the worst coaches in the league. He couldn't win a title with LeBron James carrying the load in Cleveland, and now he can't even get a team with three of the best players at their positions to win games. Sure there have been a bunch of injuries to Kobe, Steve Nash, and Dwight Howard, but the rest of them have to step up. I'd say the Lakers should trade Gasol away and try and get someone younger who can take some pressure off of Kobe to score all the time. It's the perfect time to fire Brown though because the Lakers can still turn it around.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Mike Brown's a good defensive coach, but as an offensive mind, he is one of the worst coaches in the league. He couldn't win a title with LeBron James carrying the load in Cleveland, and now he can't even get a team with three of the best players at their positions to win games. Sure there have been a bunch of injuries to Kobe, Steve Nash, and Dwight Howard, but the rest of them have to step up. I'd say the Lakers should trade Gasol away and try and get someone younger who can take some pressure off of Kobe to score all the time. It's the perfect time to fire Brown though because the Lakers can still turn it around.

It's five games into the season. Are they going to fire their next coach if he loses four out of five at any point too?

Mike D'Antoni is another coach who I'm sure will be mentioned for this opening.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Wow, that franchise is setting course to become the biggest joke in the NBA. Five games? What a bunch of pathetic losers.

With a leash that short, who in the **** would be stupid enough to want that job? Good luck finding someone to take over. I sure as hell hope it isn't Jerry Sloan.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Larry Brown hasn't coached the Laker's yet and he doesn't really want to coach SMU does he? Or maybe he just has some hookers he's hoping Craig James can help him with.