Longhorn Network in KC

Clone1450

Dec 30, 2008
Kansas City
Does anyone know a bar that might somehow have Longhorn Network for the ISU vs Texas game this weekend? I thought it was worth a shot to ask. I've pretty much come to terms with having to just listen to the audio broadcast only...

Or, does anyone in Iowa who has it on network tv want to share their Slingbox?

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I'm in the same boat this weekend. Heading to Minn. for the weekend and I've called a couple bar/restaurants and each one of them have told me I'm out of luck since the game is on the Longhorn Network. So watching the game outside of Iowa or Texas doesn't sound promising.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I'll be in KC this weekend too. Just planning on watching on DVR when I get back Sunday.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm in the same boat this weekend. Heading to Minn. for the weekend and I've called a couple bar/restaurants and each one of them have told me I'm out of luck since the game is on the Longhorn Network. So watching the game outside of Iowa or Texas doesn't sound promising.

What I'm hearing is that it isn't even easy to find LHN in Texas. What a monumental windmill that network has become. What I'm gathering from Mack Brown's comments is that the only people who can actually see LHN are the opposing coaches who want to scout his practices.

ia8manfan

Apr 12, 2006
Philadelphia
What I'm hearing is that it isn't even easy to find LHN in Texas. What a monumental windmill that network has become. What I'm gathering from Mack Brown's comments is that the only people who can actually see LHN are the opposing coaches who want to scout his practices.

It's on a couple smaller carriers down here in TX, but not the main ones, like Time Warner (which is like the Mediacom of DFW). The carriers LHN is on (AT&T Uverse and Verizon FIOS) are only in newer, suburban developments on the fringes of the Metroplex. I would guess that 5-10% of DFW residents get access to LHN.

dtlantz

Apr 10, 2006
Maryland
If you have U-Verse, you can get LHN. We are getting the package just for tomorrow. Can't think of any bars in KC with U-Verse, however.

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Here is a summary of the broadcasts available in the Iowa region that I posted a few days back:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/160205-gamewatch-tx-game-post3145272.html#post3145272

KC folks should note that Omaha KETV channel 7 is carrying the game. From the FCC radius map, it looks like Shenandoah, IA is covered by that. Just an idea. The Nebraska game is at 2:30, so I am guessing the Big Red fans will be watching ISU @ TX as their warm up game.

For Twin Cites folks, the Austin, MN station comes in nicely in Rochester. The SE MN Alumni group gamewatch is at the Wicked Moose in Rochester. I called there and they open at 11 am and will be showing the game.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Here is a summary of the broadcasts available in the Iowa region that I posted a few days back:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/160205-gamewatch-tx-game-post3145272.html#post3145272

KC folks should note that Omaha KETV channel 7 is carrying the game. From the FCC radius map, it looks like Shenandoah, IA is covered by that. Just an idea. The Nebraska game is at 2:30, so I am guessing the Big Red fans will be watching ISU @ TX as their warm up game.

For Twin Cites folks, the Austin, MN station comes in nicely in Rochester. The SE MN Alumni group gamewatch is at the Wicked Moose in Rochester. I called there and they open at 11 am and will be showing the game.

Our over air signal can get about as far north as Faribault, MN, so the Twin Cities folk are out of luck.

And yes, the SE MN Group is getting together. Had a great turnout there for the IA gamewatch.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
It would seem like there would have to be a few places in town that have Uverse. That said, I don't know of any.