How do I see ISU vs. TX if I don't live in Iowa and don't have LHN?

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
I've heard from friends that firstrowsports DOES occasionally carry LHN games... hoping this to be one that works out

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone ever watched a game on this network? What are the commentators like and since its all Longhorn all the time, can we anticipate poor officiating on our end?

cy616

Dec 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
I've heard from friends that firstrowsports DOES occasionally carry LHN games... hoping this to be one that works out

Anyone know if firstrowsports is virus-y? I've had some problems in the past with the nfl streaming sites.
Also is there a fee. I would check, but blocked at the office.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Anyone know if firstrowsports is virus-y? I've had some problems in the past with the nfl streaming sites.
Also is there a fee. I would check, but blocked at the office.
I watched a bball game last season through this site and got a bad virus, just an FYI

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
I have never had a problem with firstrowsports and I use it 2 to 3 days a week. It is also free.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
I watched a bball game last season through this site and got a bad virus, just an FYI

the only issue is they load the streams with popups and these can lead to sketchy areas of the internet.

just don't be fooled by fake "x"'s for closing the ad - make sure you figure out which one is correct and close all popups immediately, and you'll be fine

a common one says "you need _____ plugin to view the stream" no you don't - just another ad

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
You poke a hole in one piece of cardboard and then look at the shadow on another piece of cardboard.

Don't look directly at it.

You'll go blind.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
A lot of the ads can't be closed right away -- they have a delay before the "x" or "close" button appears and ads are stacked on each other. Just when you first open, then sometimes one pops up every 5 to 10 minutes but you can close it right away. Annoying, but hey...you get to watch.

Don't try to watch the game on mute and listen to Walters on the radio. Tried it two different games, not LHN obviously, but Walters was generally 1 full play or 2 ahead of the stream. It's a never ending spoiler alert.

Edit: Never picked up a virus from the site.

AustinCy

Oct 19, 2010
Austin, TX
That would cost the AD $200,000

ISUAg - Where did you hear this?? My understanding from the Kansas AthDept is the LHN contract did not even give them the option to stream this to their out-of-state fans via Jayhawk All-Access TV at their KU-Texas game down here on LHN last year. Had to be local ABC or nothing at all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron