DIante Garrett / Phoenix Suns now official

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If he plays the 2, he must be able to shoot fine. Way to go, DG. We always thought you could make it. Your last year would have been a much worse year if you had not played for us.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
No one has seen contract details, have they? Are we sure it isn't a situation like this?

Mark Deeks ‏@MarkDeeksNBA
Phoenix for some reason gave Luke Zeller $50,000 guaranteed to come to camp. If he "makes the roster," that's because he's free for 2 weeks.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
I can't find any information on a guarantee to Garrett for the camp invite. But here's some other info:

- If on the Suns roster, Garrett would make the rookie minimum of $473,604. (They're paid bi-weekly, I believe, for six months. So every two weeks on the roster will get him ~$36,500.)

- If he stays on the roster until January 10th, $473,604 becomes a guaranteed contract (He will still be owed the remainder if waived.)

Last edited:

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
I can't find any information on a guarantee to Garrett for the camp invite. But here's some other info:

- If on the Suns roster, Garrett would make the rookie minimum of $473,604. (They're paid bi-weekly, I believe, for six months. So every two weeks on the roster will get him ~$36,500.)

- If he stays on the roster until January 10th, $473,604 becomes a guaranteed contract (He will still be owed the remainder if waived.)

Here is the roster and salaries for the Suns. Phoenix Suns 2013 Team Roster - ESPN
The things I have read seems like you keep 15 on active roster but only dress 13 who have there yearly salary guaranteed. So im guessing as long as he stays on this he would get that bi weekly money you are talking about. My question is are him and Zeller basically like practice squad players who will only dress if there is an injury? Still very good money but has to kill them not to even dress let a lone play.

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
This is one down side of this news. We have to root for a team with him on the roster.

Eh...I harbor no ill will towards Wesley. It was obvious that McDermott and his style of play was the problem. A college career is so short and goes by so fast I don't begrudge anyone for doing whats best for them. After all we have a team full of such players. Now Dudley and Beasley are two jack wagons that I have a problem rooting for.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron