Facebook post by Auburn's head coach's wife

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Satan stole their football wins?
smiley-sealed.gif

Reactions: CycoCyclone

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
She was a major reason they left Ames, and now she's grasping at straws to keep them rooted down in Alabama.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
O/U on number of times that quote is posted on Roll Tide boards rewritten as "We have fans all over Auburn, Alabama, and I think it is time they RISE UP and snatch back what Saban, himself, has stolen"

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Getting a better offensive coordinator might help...we know one selling used cars right now....

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Satan stole their football wins?
smiley-sealed.gif

She specified in a later post that she wasn't talking about wins. I still think there's a wiser way to do this.

There's a much wiser way to apologize for confusion than this:""So for those who have misunderstood my humble attempt to get the best fan base in America to rally around a group of 17-22 year old young boys and for those that have misrepresented my words or my intent to unite the Auburn Family please forgive me for offending you with the integrity of my heart."

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
"But, Sir, what do you need for me to do to be able to beat Alabama? I need you back on the team. Remember, you must be ALL IN."

Satan.jpg

Reactions: l2alphmacchio

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
You reap what you sow. If anything, God took away their wins after realizing the deal he had made with the Devil to get Cam Newton and the NC.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
She specified in a later post that she wasn't talking about wins. I still think there's a wiser way to do this.

There's a much wiser way to apologize for confusion than this:""So for those who have misunderstood my humble attempt to get the best fan base in America to rally around a group of 17-22 year old young boys and for those that have misrepresented my words or my intent to unite the Auburn Family please forgive me for offending you with the integrity of my heart."

Yeah, I think she meant exactly that, though, and then received some backlash from it, so she was backpedaling. Because exactly what IS Satan stealing from them, if it's not wins? Where is Satan involved in this whole Auburn football situation?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Yeah, I think she meant exactly that, though, and then received some backlash from it, so she was backpedaling. Because exactly what IS Satan stealing from them, if it's not wins? Where is Satan involved in this whole Auburn football situation?

Satan is stealing her husband's job of course :wink:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I agree that she had to be talking wins at first. I just wanted to give the only bit of credit that I could, and that's all she gave.

Otherwise, she has to be talking about their struggles as some sort of Satan-inspired persecution. There are obviously a whole lot of theological problems with that. Speaking biblically here, we know that trials are intended as a good, though painful, character-building thing. She's missing that point in a huge way.

Of course, we don't want to neglect the Chizik context here. It's entirely possible that Auburn is losing because the Chiz just stinks at his job. She can rally the fans all she wants. It won't make him a competent head coach.