People that are redshirting this year

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonesalltheway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Kansas City, MO
www.cyclones.com
Just wondering if anyone knows how our practice players are doing. Wondering who is winning offensive and defensive players on the scout team. I am also wondering if their is any position changes

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Are we reshirting the JC DB we brought in? Thought he was a shoe in to start, but has he been on the field?

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Someone asked this on CPR's call in show last night, and I think that instead of answering, he just talked about what they run the redshirting players through. I might have missed something though.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
My nephews 7 grade team has mad every single extra point kick this year. They are 4 games in and are averaging around 35 points a game. So hopefully we can get a waiver and uave him kick eztra points for us. He barely makes it over the har but they are good.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
My nephews 7 grade team has mad every single extra point kick this year. They are 4 games in and are averaging around 35 points a game. So hopefully we can get a waiver and uave him kick eztra points for us. He barely makes it over the har but they are good.

Ha!

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I believe that was Kenny Lynn...

Correct. Also, Sam Richardson (DB) played a lot. I was surprised to see him and Lynn on the field so much. I wonder if it had something to do with playing in their home state. Maybe a recruiting tool.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Correct. Also, Sam Richardson (DB) played a lot. I was surprised to see him and Lynn on the field so much. I wonder if it had something to do with playing in their home state. Maybe a recruiting tool.

Saw that too and thought that has to be a pretty good sign for our secondary right now and in the future if CPR has enough trust to put those guys on the field that much in a close game.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
You sure that was Stokes? Kenneth Lynn was called for pass interference in the 1Q I believe.

Correct, it was Lynn he got PI for face guarding and not turning to the ball. He had great coverage on the play. Jacques Washington got a PI later in the game too but the receiver made the catch so it was declined.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Correct, it was Lynn he got PI for face guarding and not turning to the ball. He had great coverage on the play. Jacques Washington got a PI later in the game too but the receiver made the catch so it was declined.

There's no penalty for face guarding in college

Reactions: Doc

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
There's no penalty for face guarding in college

Well that makes the call really bad then. Lynn had fantastic coverage and there was no contact whatsoever. Just assumed they called him for face guarding...go figure.