Micah Hyde arrested

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
If he does sit out, it's just against Penn State so they're fine.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Well they have a bye this week. Then I'm pretty sure they play MSU a week from now.

My bad, I am not familiar with their schedule. I still say they keep him in for MSU and then sit him against Penn State while they "work out things internally".

Bye weeks are always full of trouble.

Prometheus

Sep 11, 2012
Public intoxication and interference with official acts. Big woop both of these charges are so subjective. Especially the interference with official acts, which basically can be any thing the cop wants it to be. It's alot to do about nothing. It all depends on the actual details but from waht is known only today, I wouldn't even sit him out a game. I wouldn't let him start but I would play him. Cops lie.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I'm surprised coaches don't make players sleep in the practice facility during bye weeks. Somebody always gets in trouble. I put a public intox about on the same level I put our guys who got busted for providing to minors: They're stupid, but nothing that we all haven't done in college. Most of us just didn't get caught.

You really have to try to get a public intox in IC though. As long as you aren't passed out drunk or making a total *** of yourself the cops will let you stumble home. I wonder what he was doing.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm surprised coaches don't make players sleep in the practice facility during bye weeks. Somebody always gets in trouble. I put a public intox about on the same level I put our guys who got busted for providing to minors: They're stupid, but nothing that we all haven't done in college. Most of us just didn't get caught.

You really have to try to get a public intox in IC though. As long as you aren't passed out drunk or making a total *** of yourself the cops will let you stumble home. I wonder what he was doing.

Wrong

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Especially the interference with official acts, which basically can be any thing the cop wants it to be. It's alot to do about nothing. It all depends on the actual details but from waht is known only today, I wouldn't even sit him out a game. I wouldn't let him start but I would play him. Cops lie.

Your ignorance of the law is glaring. Interference with official acts can NOT be "basically anything the cop wants it to be". Anyone who understands the case law interpreting Iowa Code Section 719.1 would know that. Obviously you don't.

I won't quibble that there have been some law enforcement officers who have lied. I'm guessing the percentage is lower than that of persons posting on the internet, if for no other reason than that the officer must prove what he says beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. Have there been occasions where an officer has testified untruthfully in court? I'm sure there have. Have there been occasions where such a liar was exposed by a defense attorney--I know there have--I've done so on behalf of my clients.

This thread is about a purported team leader allegedly making bad choices and behaving badly--not about your hangups about the criminal justice system.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Public intox, not a big deal. Sitting out the MSU game.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
More info from the Rag: http://hawkcentral.com/2012/10/06/three-hawkeyes-arrested-hyde/ Actually 3 players arrested. What's Ferentz's standard line for something like this? Pretty sure it usually goes something like "we'll let the process play out before we decide the appropriate action to take." In other words would not be shocked they play most of the season while the legal process is drawn out then the gets suspended for a meaningless game late in the season or something.

Funny how over the years the motto has been "nothing good happens in downtown Iowa City after 10pm" yet players still can't help themselves from being there anyways after several examples over the years how it is not a smart choice.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
One game suspension...

Wont matter, Iowa should beat MSU.. Michigan State getting beat by Indiana..... my god that conference is terrible.