Last Resort

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Just watched this tonight. Best pilot I've seen in years. If the rest of the episodes are as good as this one, we might have a network drama that can give the cable shows a run for their money.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
A US submarine was fired on by other US ships because they refused a shaky order from an unknown source. They then set up base on an island and use the 18 nukes on board as defense.

The show stars Andre Braugher who is excellent in this role.

FDclone

May 30, 2010
I have heard that this is one of the best new shows(IGN.com), but it had really bad ratings so it might not survive their first season(YaHoo!.com).

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I have heard that this is one of the best new shows(IGN.com), but it had really bad ratings so it might not survive their first season(YaHoo!.com).

Initial ratings weren't great but it's in a tough timeslot. It's a good enough show that I strongly recommend people watch it but if you wait to see it on DVD so you know if there's going to be a second season or not I'd understand that

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
We finally caught the pilot tonight off our DVR and both my wife and I loved the show. I realize this will mean that I won't get to see a full season.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Watched it on DVR tonight. Lot of good stuff on Thurs plus football.

It reminded me of 24 with part of the US govt looking like they are trying to start a war.

Naughtius

Oct 27, 2010
Central IA
I thought it was so-so. Plotline right out of Crimson Tide. Lots of plot holes (the SEALs being allowed to keep their weapons was one) But I'll give it another chance. Agree w/JHudd that me liking it means it won't survive the season, like The Nine.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I thought it was so-so. Plotline right out of Crimson Tide. Lots of plot holes (the SEALs being allowed to keep their weapons was one) But I'll give it another chance. Agree w/JHudd that me liking it means it won't survive the season, like The Nine.

So is it protocol to take weapons from everyone getting on the sub? If it is okay - I didn't know that. Didn't seem wrong to me because at that point they are all in the Navy so no big deal. As the show went along I wondered if the SEALs were there by happenstance or were they planned to be there to ensure the Colorado would fire the missiles.

I really liked the show.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
It was interesting, there's a lot of context missing about the current "state" of the government and other foreign powers. I'll probably watch at least another episode and see how it progresses.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
It was interesting, there's a lot of context missing about the current "state" of the government and other foreign powers. I'll probably watch at least another episode and see how it progresses.

I think this is intentional and they will fill in as they go with flashbacks or in some other way.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Would you rather watch another cops and robbers show instead? At least, this is something different.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Would you rather watch another cops and robbers show instead? At least, this is something different.

Much rather watch this...especially over another singing or reality show.

Would love to see it make it a few seasons. I'm just guessing it won't.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
If it was NBC, I know they'd find a way to destroy it. They've had gems (Boomtown, Studio 60) on their hands and utterly annihilated them.
If it was FOX, they'd order a 2nd season, force cast changes, halve the budget, and then wonder where all the viewers went (Human Target, anyone?) while they process the cancellation.
I'm happy that it's ABC. I'm not as familiar with them, so maybe my positivity is unfounded, but I think they'll give this show the support it needs to grow. Lost was a crazy premise, and it paid off for them. Hopefully Last Resort will do the same.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Watched this last night, very well done. One of the few (only?) new shows I actually liked.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
I enjoyed 666 Park Avenue last night on ABC. Of course, that was partly because Terry O'Quinn is one of my favorite actors.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
I enjoyed 666 Park Avenue last night on ABC. Of course, that was partly because Terry O'Quinn is one of my favorite actors.

I plan on watching tonight via DVR. I'll definitely give it a shot because of John Locke being in it. Also, the blonde hacker from Transformers is in it. Crickey she's hot.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I plan on watching tonight via DVR. I'll definitely give it a shot because of John Locke being in it. Also, the blonde hacker from Transformers is in it. Crickey she's hot.

I didn't realize you were Australian, mate. Or did you just drink some Fosters?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron