Scheduling agreement with Northern Iowa

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Release from Iowa State:

ISU-UNI REACH FOOTBALL SCHEDULING AGREEMENT

AMES, Iowa – The Iowa State University Athletics Department announced today that it has entered into an agreement with the University of Northern Iowa to play football games seven times over the next 11 years.

UNI will play in Ames during the 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 and 2023 seasons. The Panthers last played in Ames during the 2011 season.

“We are excited to extend our contract with UNI because our games have been some of the best attended contests in Jack Trice Stadium history,â€￾ said Iowa State Athletics Director Jamie Pollard. “Our fans have enjoyed this intrastate series.â€￾

Iowa State and UNI have met 27 times since the two schools first faced one another in 1899. Iowa State leads the series, 20-4-3, with the Cyclones winning seven of the last eight meetings.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Good! I can't believe we have ******* that want to back out of this. They sound like Iowa fans.

If they beat us it's an ISU problem, not a UNI problem. I'm not scared.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Oh, god damn it.

I hate this series so, so much. Why do we do this? We need cream puffs. UNI comes at ISU/Iowa/any FBS school with guns blazing and starting line-up talent that isn't that subpar.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
We already had UNI on the schedule for '13, '15, '16 and '17, right? So this just adds 3 more games in '19, '21 and '23.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Good! I can't believe we have ******* that want to back out of this. They sound like Iowa fans.

If they beat us it's an ISU problem, not a UNI problem. I'm not scared.

Of course the difference being that ISU v. Iowa are two BCS level schools with equal scholarship numbers and similar facilities, etc. Iowa fans just think they play at a different level than us.

ISU v. UNI, we actually do play at a different level.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
The Western Ill game is a perfect example of why we don't need to schedule UNI that much. 4th highest attended game for WIU? We don't need the purple hawks to sell out. Id rather have the easy win over a no name FCS team

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Always a good gate. Good for Iowa State, good for the state. If we're going to play in the Big XII, we damn well better be able to handle UNI. Not scuuuurrrrred.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Oh, god damn it.

I hate this series so, so much. Why do we do this? We need cream puffs. UNI comes at ISU/Iowa/any FBS school with guns blazing.

Tired of playing and hearing about UNI. There are much better options out there. Here pretty soon, we'll find another Iowa school so we can play 3 non-con games without leaving the state. Yay.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I guess ISU is taking the approach of showering UNI with kindness. The way Farley runs his mouth against ISU, ISU probably shouldn't give UNI the time of day....let them fund their ailing AD on someone else's dime.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
The better we get as a program, the less insecure I am about a potential loss to them. I say bring them in and give us their best shot. Lord knows that even in their good years UNI and UI are easier than our conference slate. No need for too many cream puffs, we need tested early and hard.

AllBig12Drinker

Dec 7, 2009
West Des Moines
Oh, god damn it.

I hate this series so, so much. Why do we do this? We need cream puffs. UNI comes at ISU/Iowa/any FBS school with guns blazing and starting line-up talent that isn't that subpar.

I don't really mind that they come at us guns blazing. I would just rather see us play someone else every once in awhile. Especially since we have the round robin in conference. So essentially this means we play the same schedule every other year with the exception of one opponent. On the opposite years we play the same schedule with the exception of two opponents.

Oh well, guess it's better to keep the money in the state.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Oh, god damn it.

Agreed. We are allowed by the NCAA to take advantage of one free cream puff a year... and instead of doing that- when we already will almost always have a top 10-20 schedule just because of playing the 9 game big 12 schedule and iowa- we schedule one of the best FCS programs out there that has a history of not being a cream puff. I know there's some here that wouldnt be happy with ISU's schedule until we're playing all 10 of the top 10, but there's something damn fun about a long tailgating day followed by a stress-free, easy win.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
It's economics at work.

We can pay UNI the same as WIU to come in and get their *** handed to them (we should expect this from now on under CPR). The difference is UNI actually brings fans that pay for tickets and concessions.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't really mind that they come at us guns blazing. I would just rather see us play someone else every once in awhile. Especially since we have the round robin in conference. So essentially this means we play the same schedule every other year with the exception of one opponent. On the opposite years we play the same schedule with the exception of two opponents.

Agreed with this as well. We've got no variety at all in our scheduling now.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Oh, god damn it.

why do you hate it? hawk reasoning? I love the game... we own the series, we are fine. Its a great tune up for the season. they dont suck, but we should usually win.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It's economics at work.

We can pay UNI the same as WIU to come in and get their *** handed to them. The difference is UNI actually brings fans that pay for tickets and concessions.

Seemed to do alright with Tulsa and WIU this year attendance-wise.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I guess ISU is taking the approach of showering UNI with kindness. The way Farley runs his mouth against ISU, ISU probably shouldn't give UNI the time of day....let them fund their ailing AD on someone else's dime.

Maybe we should just pound purple iowa's *** instead of complaining about playing them.