I35/ISU Football/Bird

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Had a weird deal happen on the way to the football game last night. I'm driving down the interstate, minding my own business and this car pulls up beside me and my wife tells me that the passenger flips me the bird? I didn't even notice it as I was focused on driving. They then proceed to speed off not to be seen again. This occured between Story City and Ames.

I'm trying to figure out why they would do that as I was driving pretty normally and hadn't cut anyone off or done anything stupid. I think about it a bit and realize I do have my Iowa State hat and it does say Iowa State on the side and they probably could read that? Maybe a disgruntled Hawk fan?

I actually thought it was funny, but it bugged my wife and we did have our kids sitting in back. Can't believe how rude some people can be on the road.....

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I once followed a guy 6 or 7 miles on the highway while my buddy flipped him off for braking on a highway on-ramp.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
I had a group of people do this to me too. I think it is just some passing fad, I have heard of it a few times. However, if you were going 65, driving in the left lane, hitting your brakes for no reason or other generally absurd behavior, that could have prompted it.

Rabbuk, why am I not surprised.:no:

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
With the title, it's pretty much guaranteed this thread will show up on every search ever done from this point forward on CF.

Good work.

But seriously, you have my deepest sympathy....?

NobodyBeatsCy

Apr 17, 2008
Clive, IA
If there is anything I've taken more seriously than roadside opinions, I don't know what it could be.

:jimlad:

A close second, opinions I've received on the Internet.

kds

Sep 3, 2012
Ankeny, IA
I actually thought it was funny, but it bugged my wife and we did have our kids sitting in back. Can't believe how rude some people can be on the road.....

Yeah, some people need to grow up. There's more to life than being a **** to a complete stranger.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
if thats the worst thing to happen to you today, well then consider that a victory.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron