I want to see a Hawkeye beatdown today

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Early on this week, Hawkeye fans that I see on a regular basis were actually quite decent to be around for once in the week leading up to this game. Most thought ISU would probably win the game, and felt ISU was just a better team than Iowa this year.

But as the week has wore on, they have resorted back to being the same old Hawk fans that are super cocky and arrogant again. It's as if they've now forgotten what the two teams did last Saturday. And I even see it amongst some of the media members over here on the eastern side of the state too. The CR Gazette's Marc Morehouse on Monday was predicting an ISU win. Now I wake up this morning and see in the paper that he's now predicting an Iowa win.

It's nothing shocking whatsoever, but it just irritates the hell out of me. I would love to just win this game, no matter how we do it, but as this week has gone on, now I want to just lay a beatdown on these guys. I don't want just a one point win where all I will hear next week is how we lucked out. I want a dominating and convincing win..... something like 41-10.

Sure, I will take any win, but I really believe that this year we are the better team. Outside of having a senior QB, I think Iowa is in a rebuilding year this year, and I think ISU is more experienced. If we play like we are capable of, I don't think a good beating is out of the question. But more than likely we will be in for the battle of our lives again since we don't usually play very well in IC.

I just want to shut these Hawks up bad!

Reactions: fatkid1974

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Early on this week, Hawkeye fans that I see on a regular basis were actually quite decent to be around for once in the week leading up to this game. Most thought ISU would probably win the game, and felt ISU was just a better team than Iowa this year.

But as the week has wore on, they have resorted back to being the same old Hawk fans that are super cocky and arrogant again. It's as if they've now forgotten what the two teams did last Saturday. And I even see it amongst some of the media members over here on the eastern side of the state too. The CR Gazette's Marc Morehouse on Monday was predicting an ISU win. Now I wake up this morning and see in the paper that he's now predicting an Iowa win.

It's nothing shocking whatsoever, but it just irritates the hell out of me. I would love to just win this game, no matter how we do it, but as this week has gone on, now I want to just lay a beatdown on these guys. I don't want just a one point win where all I will hear next week is how we lucked out. I want a dominating and convincing win..... something like 41-10.

Sure, I will take any win, but I really believe that this year we are the better team. Outside of having a senior QB, I think Iowa is in a rebuilding year this year, and I think ISU is more experienced. If we play like we are capable of, I don't think a good beating is out of the question. But more than likely we will be in for the battle of our lives again since we don't usually play very well in IC.

Go Cyclones!!!!!

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Naw, I would rather see a heart stopping ending where the Cyclones barely eek it out at the end. You know type of ending that makes you feel like you might have a heart attack due to so much excite and anxiety. It wouldn't be a true Cyclone victory if that wasn't the case.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I hate it when fans think they're going to win.:skeptical:

I swear some of you look for **** to get ****** about. In a week where most of the media I've seen is picking ISU to win @Iowa, we've got posters on here ******** about Tom Kakert and Marc Morehouse. God forbid someone dare say Iowa will win a game they're favored in.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
This is why I hope for a Hawkeye beatdown every day of every week of every year in every sport.
I keep hoping for an earthquake to go right through Iowa City that would open a great big hole and swallow the whole thing, SUI and their village.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
To quote the great Duke Nukem "It's time to kick *** and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum"

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008

I swear some of you look for **** to get ****** about. In a week where most of the media I've seen is picking ISU to win @Iowa, we've got posters on here ******** about Tom Kakert and Marc Morehouse. God forbid someone dare say Iowa will win a game they're favored in.

Time for Clarkey to shut his pie hole.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.

Any sources you can point to that will back up your claim about media members picking ISU over iowa?

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Clark is right here...most are picking ISU and it makes me nervous as heck. We should all be happy with a W of any type. I highly doubt it will be easy today.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Morehouse would dump his wife for KF.

Reactions: 2020cy

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Any sources you can point to that will back up your claim about media members picking ISU over iowa?

Keith Murphy for one. Dave Zabolinski (sp?) from Ch 5. Steve Deace, just about all of Murph & Andy's regular guests, The Des Moines Register. Those are just the ones I know about.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Clark is right here...most are picking ISU and it makes me nervous as heck. We should all be happy with a W of any type. I highly doubt it will be easy today.

It makes me nervous as heck too. I hate it. I'd almost rather go into the game as a 14+ pt underdog. A lot of Cyclone fans are kinda optimistic this week, including me, and it scares me to death.

LostinIowaCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 15, 2011
Ames, IA
The expectations game is a hell of a thing. Living in Iowa City (and going to Iowa), I didn't hear much chatter this week about the game. Those I talked to said many of the things we say. ISU looked better in week 1. They were worried about the game and glad that it was at Kinnick. The only real difference is that they thought Iowa would be able to pull it out.

I can see Iowa State winning this game by two to three touchdowns. Honestly - but that doesn't strike me as very likely. If Iowa State gets out to an early lead, I think it could be a blowout. However, in true ISU fashion, I think we get down early and eek out a victory.

I think the thing to keep in mind is the 5% of each fanbase. There is a small portion of each fan base that can make this game/week unbearable. Unfortunately for us, many of those that are unbearable Hawkeyes have access to the media (or are the media). I'll be tailgating today in the belly of the beast today (right next to Carver) decked out in Iowa State gear. I'll let you know how it goes.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
The good thing about this rivalry is that it has two teams that will absolutely lay everything out on the field. It will be a close game simply because of that fact. I'm looking forward to a great football game. But, when all is said and done, I'm looking forward to a Cyclone victory!

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA

Time for Clarkey to shut his pie hole.

Things are getting intense! It's game day!