ISU @ Iowa game TV coverage

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Nov 30, 2011
England / Miami
Is the big game going to be on any other TV network other than BTN because I really don't want to listen to the commentators drivel on about how good the Big Ten is and there obvious bias towards Iowa

Cheers.

Nov 6, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Is the big game going to be on any other TV network other than BTN because I really don't want to listen to the commentators drivel on about how good the Big Ten is and there obvious bias towards Iowa

Cheers.

Nope, since it is in a B1G stadium and home game, it is under the B1G media deal, meaning they put it on the BTN. Could always turn down the sound and listen to the radio if you are in an area with Cyclone Radio Network.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Gonna have to be the radio I refuse to listen to them Praise Iowa and put us down.

Watched the 2008 game last night, which is the only game to date in the series that has been on the BTN. I actually thought they were pretty fair to ISU and had definetly done their research on the team. They smeared more player names on the Hawks then they did the Clones.

Reactions: EnglishCyclone

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
What are the options for those of us that don't get the BTN? Is the game streaming online anywhere?

Nov 6, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
I would assume that if Dish is dropping BTN that you won't be able to watch the game on BTN2Go if your a Dish customer. ?

Who knows, you can try and see. I have Comcast and even though I get BTN by buying their sports pack (since I am out of B1G footprint) Comcast has not signed up with this yet.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Could always turn down the sound and listen to the radio if you are in an area with Cyclone Radio Network.

I've done this for a game or two and just couldn't get past the satellite delay. JW's call was always 3-4 seconds ahead of the action on TV, drove me crazy... Wonder if using the online stream would correct that?

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
I've done this for a game or two and just couldn't get past the satellite delay. JW's call was always 3-4 seconds ahead of the action on TV, drove me crazy... Wonder if using the online stream would correct that?

I agree I've tried to sync the video from TV and audio from radio and there seems to always be a delay and it drove me insane.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I agree I've tried to sync the video from TV and audio from radio and there seems to always be a delay and it drove me insane.

I wish the TV were ahead, because it'd be easy to use the ole DVR to correct. I suppose I could DVR my radio or something. :twitcy:

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines

I wish the TV were ahead, because it'd be easy to use the ole DVR to correct. I suppose I could DVR my radio or something. :twitcy:

You guys need this: SportsSync

I don't have one...yet...but have heard good reviews.