Rebekah Dahlman

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

zach1987

Apr 17, 2008
What do you guys think are chances are of landing her? I think we have pretty good shot!

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
We play her style of ball. She is good at slashing to the basket and scoring but she can also step back and drain the three. Dahlman plays a great man to man defense and reminds me a lot of Megan Taylor. A very very hard nosed player who will really shine in BF's style of play. Her signing could make us a top 10 ranked recruiting class.

swiacyfan

Mar 2, 2009
I would like her to be on our team, but I would say chances are slim to none that she wont commit to us.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would like her to be on our team, but I would say chances are slim to none that she wont commit to us.

I don't think you said what you meant to say.

princess-bride.jpg

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
we competing now with the big dogs for her. It is a shame, but it seems what happens, is our staff get on good recruits early, work the butts off the land them, then Stanford, UCLA, Duke, etc. waltz in after we have worked years in building relationships ala Greenfield, and get them. However, there are some recruits that stay loyal from the start and say, they were the first to offer me(which I see a lot of) ala Samantha Logic.

But, it is hard to argue with the opportunity to get a Stanford education.

The problem with the upper Midwest gals is there are many good schools in WBB, MN, Marq., Iowa, KSU, KU, NU....that we compete with them for fewer recruits. I think TX and Kansas City is where we should put focus. The numbers are just more in our favor.

rbingley

Jul 16, 2011
we competing now with the big dogs for her. It is a shame, but it seems what happens, is our staff get on good recruits early, work the butts off the land them, then Stanford, UCLA, Duke, etc. waltz in after we have worked years in building relationships ala Greenfield, and get them. However, there are some recruits that stay loyal from the start and say, they were the first to offer me(which I see a lot of) ala Samantha Logic.

But, it is hard to argue with the opportunity to get a Stanford education.

The problem with the upper Midwest gals is there are many good schools in WBB, MN, Marq., Iowa, KSU, KU, NU....that we compete with them for fewer recruits. I think TX and Kansas City is where we should put focus. The numbers are just more in our favor.

Agreed.. One of the biggest things for my kid was the loyalty of coach Steyer, and BF, thats what made her a cyclone!!

907CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Agreed.. One of the biggest things for my kid was the loyalty of coach Steyer, and BF, thats what made her a cyclone!!

I think I was behind Em. and her roommate in line at the HyVee store this week. A very nice young lady and even stopped to talk to a young fan who recognized her. You did a good job, Dad.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
We play her style of ball. She is good at slashing to the basket and scoring but she can also step back and drain the three. Dahlman plays a great man to man defense and reminds me a lot of Megan Taylor. A very very hard nosed player who will really shine in BF's style of play. Her signing could make us a top 10 ranked recruiting class.

All it will take is a great recruit such as Dahlman to join a few others (already committed and hopefully still to commit) and make an impact. The team is poised to contend again for Big 12 championships, and this time around, once a team does that, it's ready to go deep, deep into the NCAA. It all then builds from that, more good recruits, better competition, etc. ISU volleyball is showing that ISU can compete with the traditional big names in recruiting top classes. It takes just a couple to make the foundation for a class, and then hopefully others buy in.

rbingley

Jul 16, 2011
I think I was behind Em. and her roommate in line at the HyVee store this week. A very nice young lady and even stopped to talk to a young fan who recognized her. You did a good job, Dad.

Thanks so much:

Sorry just saw this. She knows the importance of giving back. Those fans are what made her know that Iowa State was where she wanted to be. She's a very humble kid, and should be!!! We've always taught that it's important to be nice to people period. Glad I'm getting a good report!

Last edited:

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Thanks so much: Sorry just saw this. She knows the importance of giving back. Those fans are what made her know that Iowa State was where she wanted to be. She's a very humble kid, and should be!!! We've always taught that it's important to be nice to people period. Glad I'm getting a good report!
Glad to hear she was raised well and won't have to worry about hearing anything bad in the papers about her. I'm sure we are all proud to have her in the Cyclone nation!

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Mora MN radio reported too that we are on Dahlman's short list back in late August: Minnesota Hoops: Rebekah Dahlman's College List

Dahlman will likely not stay in MN. The U of MN is loaded with future guards due to incoherent recruiting. Her listing U of M appears obligatory to soothe locals. Coincidentally, I am somewhat familiar with Braham MN as it was in my sales territory and more than tangentially with Roseau MN. Braham is rural but take a quick trip down I-35 and you will experience the metro of the Twin Cities. Roseau is truly isolated known as a stop for anglers headed to the big lakes in Winnipeg, lumbering, home of Polaris Snow mobiles and HS Hockey champs.

Years and miles seperate Megan Taylor's MN from Rebeka's basketball family that is the Dahlmans. Yet, she is familiar with Megan HS record in MN and her place of admiration in Iowa State's Women's basketball. Iowa State has a well-supported, national tradition with a internationally known and respected head coach. But Dahlman, like many touted, will likely follow other big time recruits and come to see they must head to the most elite programs to fulfill destiny.

I may hold my breath. I see things that may attract her to the Cyclones and in selecting ISU she would make for one of the best recruiting classes ever. But hoping on the decision of a great basketball recruit is just that, wishing. We are due for though.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund Braham (Minn.) senior G Rebekah Dahlman, who is making official visit to Iowa State this weekend, deemed herself "super excited" for trip

Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund
Dahlman on ISU: “Ames, Iowa – that’s all basketball right there. That’s the one thing I really love, the fan support, that’s huge."

Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund
Dahlman has already visited Vanderbilt and Minnesota. She also has trips left to Tennessee and Florida. More coming tomorrow on her

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
Tennessee...... Will be hard to compete with a storied program, but without Pat Summitt, it's going to give us a chance.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Tennessee...... Will be hard to compete with a storied program, but without Pat Summitt, it's going to give us a chance.

There's no guarantee Tennessee has offered her. There are seven (!) hoopgurlz top-50 recruits who have visited or will visit Tennessee in Sept/Oct.

BTW, I don't suppose a mod could fix the misspelling of her name in the subject for us...

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Rebekah is "super excited" and I have got to believe it. Though recruits will say things to placate inquiries from locales, I think she is sincere. Among many proven things at Iowa State is if you commit to us WE fans commit to you!

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Rebekah is "super excited" and I have got to believe it. Though recruits will say things to placate inquiries from locales, I think she is sincere. Among many proven things at Iowa State is if you commit to us WE fans commit to you!

I totally agree that our fans will full heartedly reciprocate.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Holly Warlick is an unproven head coach, so things are going to be much different when she has to make the decisions. Top players in the past went to Tennessee to play for Pat, now they are playing for a coach who has zero wins as a head coach. A much different outlook as a player.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Would be a great get for the Sisters....and title corrected for accuracy.