Former Indian Hills CC player killed

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Chicago is a warzone. I'm convinced the authorities are just letting the gang bangers shoot each other to keep the numbers down. It's a shame when children and non gang bangers are caught up in the violence.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Hot summer + high unemployment = bad things man

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU8gvF6WCIk]Bruce Smith Bad Things - YouTube[/ame]

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Plus the fact that Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the country...so the only ones with guns are criminals.

Ya don't see this happening in Texas where nearly half the population, if not more, is packing heat.

Just my .02

Reactions: RotatingColumn

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Plus the fact that Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the country...so the only ones with guns are criminals.

Ya don't see this happening in Texas where nearly half the population, if not more, is packing heat.

Just my .02

Dallas now has third highest crime rate of cities with over a million people | City Hall Blog

Last year, Dallas shed its title as the U.S. city of more than 1 million with the highest crime rate. That position, which Dallas held for at least 10 years, went to San Antonio. Houston was No. 3.

Let's recap. Among cities with more than 1 million population, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston are 1-2-3. What were you saying about the great state of Texas?

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008

Just my .02

This.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Dallas now has third highest crime rate of cities with over a million people | City Hall Blog

Let's recap. Among cities with more than 1 million population, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston are 1-2-3. What were you saying about the great state of Texas?

Gun control is not crime control.
20% of U.S. VIOLENT Crime occurs in 4 cities: New York, Chicago, Washington D.C., & Detroit. These cities have near prohibition laws regarding handgun ownership.

In 1997 the United Kingdom passed one of the strictest gun-control laws in the world, banning its citizens from owning almost all types of handguns. Britain seemed to get safer by the minute, as 162,000 newly-illegal firearms were forked over to British officials by law-abiding citizens.

But this didn't decrease the amount of gun-related crime in the U.K. In fact, gun-related crime has nearly doubled in the U.K. since the ban was enacted.

Read the entire story here

Gun Control Isn't Crime Control - ABC News

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Gun control is not crime control.
20% of U.S. VIOLENT Crime occurs in 4 cities: New York, Chicago, Washington D.C., & Detroit. These cities have near prohibition laws regarding handgun ownership.

In 1997 the United Kingdom passed one of the strictest gun-control laws in the world, banning its citizens from owning almost all types of handguns. Britain seemed to get safer by the minute, as 162,000 newly-illegal firearms were forked over to British officials by law-abiding citizens.

But this didn't decrease the amount of gun-related crime in the U.K. In fact, gun-related crime has nearly doubled in the U.K. since the ban was enacted.

Read the entire story here

Gun Control Isn't Crime Control - ABC News

The assertion was made in this thread that in places where "half the people are packing," they will keep crimes from being committed. I'm merely throwing a well-deserved bucket of water on that nonsense.

dtISU

Nov 17, 2010
A suburb of Ames
The assertion was made in this thread that in places where "half the people are packing," they will keep crimes from being committed. I'm merely throwing a well-deserved bucket of water on that nonsense.

So, are you asserting that no one in this country should have guns?

Maplewurst

Apr 6, 2011
trailer down by the river
Chicago is a warzone. I'm convinced the authorities are just letting the gang bangers shoot each other to keep the numbers down. It's a shame when children and non gang bangers are caught up in the violence.

According to the new "Tiny Dancer Ballerina"....pppffftttt "Godfather" mayor.... the gangs are supposed to only shoot each other in the allies to save the children....:shocked: