Rockets Scrimmage Highlights

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
....really dude? You shoot with hands that big

No personal offense intended to you..but I really hate that excuse. Is he the first person with huge hands?

Jordan is regarded as having huge hands, as is Bird. Plenty of power forwards have had just as big of hands and shot fine from the line.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
No personal offense intended to you..but I really hate that excuse. Is he the first person with huge hands?

Jordan is regarded as having huge hands, as is Bird. Plenty of power forwards have had just as big of hands and shot fine from the line.

True. If Michael Jordan and Larry Bird can do it, how hard can it be? Good point. :jimlad: Since you're using the greats, where is Wilt Chamberlain in your example. I think he had big hands too. How bout Shaq? Did he have big hands?

clone319

Nov 27, 2010

No, but he's also not the first person to struggle shooting free throws either, what's your point?

C

CyBer

The responses from Houston fans look eerily familiar.

Royce is winning them over. That personality and that talent win people easily.

He's going to be one of the favorites in the country when all is said and done.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
It's funny how bipolar Houston posters seem to be. At draft time the sky was falling. They have all seemed to change their tune on Royce and all their picks for that matter, not wanting to lose Royce in a trade for Dwight Howard.

Edit: Although it seems similar to some of our bipolar fans on Royce at first before he won the hearts of all Cyclone Nation!

Though most of the worries here were about him actually playing a game and sweating (facepalm)

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
It's funny how bipolar Houston posters seem to be. At draft time the sky was falling. They have all seemed to change their tune on Royce and all their picks for that matter, not wanting to lose Royce in a trade for Dwight Howard.

On their poll, they were about 70% in favor of Royce. Most wanted him from the day of the Kentucky game.

Some got nervous after Houston made the pick, but that just looked like the nerves people have after making a decision. The whole thing looks a lot like Royce's beginnings here in Ames.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
True. If Michael Jordan and Larry Bird can do it, how hard can it be? Good point. :jimlad: Since you're using the greats, where is Wilt Chamberlain in your example. I think he had big hands too. How bout Shaq? Did he have big hands?

Want me to use rik smits? David Robinson? Also big guys with huge hands.....good shooters.

Hands make no difference.....if it did...wouldn't the opposite be true? Wouldn't mugsy bogues and spud Webb be 92% ft shooters?

Some of its form....most of it is in his head.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
Want me to use rik smits? David Robinson? Also big guys with huge hands.....good shooters.

Hands make no difference.....if it did...wouldn't the opposite be true? Wouldn't mugsy bogues and spud Webb be 92% ft shooters?

funny_pictures_big_hands.jpg

clone319

Nov 27, 2010

If you were to gather data for every nba player for hand size and free throw percentage and plotted them. You would absolutely see a negative correlation.

Now I'm not saying it is the only thing that hurts free throw shooting, but it doesn't help.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It's obvious the problem is in Royce's head as well as his hands. How many times have you seen the guy airball a jump shot? His hands are quite a bit smaller than Shaq's and not much larger than guys who shoot FT's well. The hands hurt him, but don't tell the entire story.