Reel Big Fish return to DSM play Wooly's Friday, roll call....

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Who all is in for RBF's return to DSM, along with The Maxie's, Suburban Legend's and Big D and the Kids Table. Should be a great show!!!! Super pumped for Big D, it is one step down from a band like the Bosstones, yet another band I never thought I would see in DSM..... One thing that does Kind of blow about the show, a couple days after or before, Goldfinger is on the tour instead of the Maxie's, which would be awesome for them to return..... We can't be soo lucky.....

l2alphmacchio

Jul 10, 2006
West Des Moines
Visit site
Agreed with Goldfinger, but RBF is my favorite band of all-time. Will definitely be there. Thanks to Sam at First Fleet Concerts for putting yet another amazing concert together. When he started it out of our dorm room, I thought he was crazy and stupid. He has proven me wrong, congrats my friend.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
I wonder if it will be.... (wait for it) .... a Sell Out?

*ba dum chhh*

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Great great band from the 90s. Wish I could go, but I'm on kid duty while my wife is outta town.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
Anyone ever been to a show at Wooly's? Says all ages..does that mean there wont be liquor?

Also...way different genre but Ingrid Michaelson is at nightfall on the river on Thursday night...really want to see her live but have volleyball league. Great voice...good music...nice cans ;)

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Anyone ever been to a show at Wooly's? Says all ages..does that mean there wont be liquor?

Also...way different genre but Ingrid Michaelson is at nightfall on the river on Thursday night...really want to see her live but have volleyball league. Great voice...good music...nice cans ;)
Went to Grouplove at Wooly's was all age as well, boozing is not controlled, the thing that I love most about Wooly's is they have Grain Belt in tall cans...... Something I can only find in MN or Wooly's and BBC.......

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
I will certainly be attendance! Super excited! I saw them last time they were here at People's, that was a very fun show. I also heard from a friend the show they played last night in St. Louis was awesome as well so I fully expect this one to rock the ol' socks off.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Unfortunately they turned the TVs off right as the game was going to OT. Bastards.

Great show by RBF though.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Boxerdaddy, u really thought Big D sucked, you are crazy. It is just a different style of ska, just with less pop appeal vox than RBF and Suburban Legends, more edgy and punk from the scene they cane up in, Boston. Super great set, would love to see them again soon!!!!!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Eh, I'd agree with boxerdaddy.. liked big d the least. Merely OK. My friend that was there agreed on that too.