Any Recommendations

RollsRoyce

Jul 6, 2011
Cedar Falls
A friend and myself are moving into an apartment. We have everything figured out cost wise except Internet/Cable. We need internet and cable is a want not a need. But do any of you know of a package deal with internet and cable? And if so, how much?
Thanks
RollsRoyce

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Mediacom would prolly be your best bet. They have pretty good internet service and cable is decent.

whirlybirds

Oct 25, 2007
Knoxville, IA
After your 2 year deal is over they will bend you over and rape you in every inch of your living space.

Last edited:

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
A friend and myself are moving into an apartment. We have everything figured out cost wise except Internet/Cable. We need internet and cable is a want not a need. But do any of you know of a package deal with internet and cable? And if so, how much?
Thanks
RollsRoyce

Is there anything offered through the company leasing the apartment?
And is this in Ames?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
There's not really an option which is why mediacom is free to bend you over.

Transient

Apr 17, 2008
it would help if we knew what company/complex you are moving into, and what they offer upfront. Currently I get free basic expanded cable, and pay around 45 a month for 12 mega whatever.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Mediacom offers I think 69 for your first year 89 for your 2nd if you sign a 2 year contract

Commitment Period

2 year contract will save you the most money even if you terminate it after a year. You basically owe $10 a month that you cancel it from.

So if you had it for a year ($70 a month = $840) plus a $120 ETF for a total of $1060.

If you sign a year contract, it will be $100 a month, or a total of $1200.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Commitment Period

2 year contract will save you the most money even if you terminate it after a year. You basically owe $10 a month that you cancel it from.

So if you had it for a year ($70 a month = $840) plus a $120 ETF for a total of $1060.

If you sign a year contract, it will be $100 a month, or a total of $1200.

Yep that what my thought process too. 1 year is up coming up in August and I am moving to a different place. Mediacom should still offer that 2nd year right. I won't have to terminate and resign since I'm moving will I?

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Yep that what my thought process too. 1 year is up coming up in August and I am moving to a different place. Mediacom should still offer that 2nd year right. I won't have to terminate and resign since I'm moving will I?

Nope, the way I understand it is you have to call and tell them you are moving to have your services moved.

I interned in Cedar Rapids one summer and signed up for a year deal, which they were able to transfer to Ames when I moved back in August. I would just call and discuss with them.

Reactions: zwclones51

Help Support Us

Become a patron