ACC - 6
Big East - 5
Big 12 - 3 (go Royce!!!)
PAC 12 - 3
Big Ten - 2
Other/Foreign - 3

K

KFitzy87

But the Big Ten is so amazing!!!! And the Pac 12 sucks!!!!

D

DistrictCyclone

We suck again!

But...we're a smaller conference. Picks per team for each conference:

SEC - 8 / 12 = .666
ACC - 6 / 12 = .5
Big East - 5 / 16 = .312
Big 12 - 3 / 10 = .3
PAC 12 - 3 / 12 = .24
Big Ten - 2 / 12 = .166
Other/Foreign - 3

So we still suck again :jimlad:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DistrictCyclone

Not sure what calculator he was using but the order remains unchanged, at least.

The math is right; I just listed the incorrect number of teams for SEC (I'm too used to talking about the "new" 14 team SEC) and the Big East. I'll fix it so cychotiic can get back to not knowing the difference between your and you're.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I know you can't, but take Kentucky out of the mix and that changes some. SEC was not good this year.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I know you can't, but take Kentucky out of the mix and that changes some. SEC was not good this year.

Kentucky-4
Vandy-2

Those 2 account for most of the SEC picks.

4 for UNC leave only 2 for the rest of the ACC.

Big East has 2 from UConn and 2 from Syracuse.

Are there any other multiple-pick teams?

Most teams apparently only have 1 first round pick, so we're in good company here.

D

DistrictCyclone

I know you can't, but take Kentucky out of the mix and that changes a lot. SEC was not good this year.

********. I don't know why I find my self sticking up for SEC basketball so often, but they are not the cupcake conference everyone else makes them out to be. Vandy had 2 guys in the first round, and another high in the 2nd. Mississippi State and UF had one a piece. In the last 8 years, they've had 3 national titles. UF, LSU, and Kentucky have all made it to the Final Four in that time. Tennessee made it to the elite 8. MSU, Alabama, and Vandy have fielded decent teams.

Ole Miss, SC, UGA, and Auburn suck, sure...but the bottom 1/3 of most conferences sucks. The days of the SEC being a one-horse show are (and have been) gone for a while now.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
********. I don't know why I find my self sticking up for SEC basketball so often, but they are not the cupcake conference everyone else makes them out to be. Vandy had 2 guys in the first round, and another high in the 2nd. Mississippi State and UF had one a piece. In the last 8 years, they've had 3 national titles. UF, LSU, and Kentucky have all made it to the Final Four in that time. Tennessee made it to the elite 8. MSU, Alabama, and Vandy have fielded decent teams.

Ole Miss, SC, UGA, and Auburn suck, sure...but the bottom 1/3 of most conferences sucks. The days of the SEC being a one-horse show are (and have been) gone for a while now.

I didn't say they were a cupcake and I don't think that, but they were not great last year past UK. They have had some good years in the past 15, as you rightly note, but they weren't that strong overall last year. I mean, the Pac12 sucked last year and that is usually a very strong conference (or at least has been in the past).

EDIT: And I should add, there have been some great years for the SEC where their tourney was pretty exciting. It's just that last year wasn't great.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Kentucky-4
Vandy-2

Those 2 account for most of the SEC picks.

4 for UNC leave only 2 for the rest of the ACC.

Big East has 2 from UConn and 2 from Syracuse.

Are there any other multiple-pick teams?

Most teams apparently only have 1 first round pick, so we're in good company here.

That really emphasizes I guess how concentrated the talent is in a lot of conferences. Very interesting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron