***Official 2012 NBA/Royce White Draft Day Thread***

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
He should refuse to sign with the celtics. It could hurt his... brand.

Jordanj6502

Jan 9, 2010
Ames
Gottlieb took White at #9 for Detroit in ESPN's 'Expert' mock draft

2012 NBA Draft - Experts make their picks for the first round - ESPN
9. Detroit Pistons
The pick: Royce White, Iowa State Cyclones

Left in this position with the opportunity to take Meyers Leonard (immature), Tyler Zeller (solid but limited) and John Henson (no position), I would choose White. White is enormous with his 6-foot-7 frame, and is perfectly built for Eastern Conference basketball. Additionally, his passing ability, along with that of Greg Monroe, would give the Pistons two tremendous team players at the 4 and 5 positions. White is an Anthony Mason-type of combo forward who can play immediately. -- D.G.

Most places I have seen have him going to Boston at 21 or 22.

Somewhere in between 14 and 22 wouldn't surprise me. I would be surprised if he falls past Boston though. I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't stay with the team that takes him.

This draft seems like it has the potential for some excitement with the Rockets accumulating picks trying to pull off a trade for Dwight Howard, or potentially Pau Gasol. And teams with top 10 picks looking to move around.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
My new favorite team is wherever royce lands. Except for the heat. Chances are slim but man id hate that

hoopitup

Feb 8, 2012
West Des Moines
Gottlieb took White at #9 for Detroit in ESPN's 'Expert' mock draft

2012 NBA Draft - Experts make their picks for the first round - ESPN

Most places I have seen have him going to Boston at 21 or 22.

Somewhere in between 14 and 22 wouldn't surprise me. I would be surprised if he falls past Boston though. I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't stay with the team that takes him.

This draft seems like it has the potential for some excitement with the Rockets
accumulating picks trying to pull off a trade for Dwight Howard, or potentially Pau Gasol. And teams with top 10 picks looking to move around.

I agree with you. I think this draft us as deep as any in the last 10 years or so. I am also anxious to c what teams with multiple picks end up with tonight.

As for Royce, probably in the 15-25 range. But I think he cud help most teams and get good minutes for many of those.

K

KFitzy87

He's holding another fundraiser for the Orchard Place tonight isn't he?

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I am pretty excited to find out who is going to become my new favorite NBA team. I hope it is somebody we can see on tv.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I am pretty excited to find out who is going to become my new favorite NBA team. I hope it is somebody we can see on tv.

Agreed. I haven't paid much attention at all the NBA for years. This will renew my interest for sure.

I am actually hoping for the Celtics to get him. He could be a big part of rebuilding with their older players being phased out.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
This will be the first NBA draft I've ever watched. I haven't had cable for 3 or 4 days thanks to Mediacom so hopefully I can watch on my Xbox.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
Did you not get the digital adapter box?

Haha oh is that why? Last week, certain channels weren't available on the regular channels but were on the HD or digital channels. Whatever they are. Like History Channel wasn't available on 45 but it worked on whatever the only History channel is.