Another Great Royce Article

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
"Royce White, 6-8 forward, Iowa State: "He's another guy I'd be scared to take and scared not to take. He has uncommon ballhandling skills for a guy with that body type. He's a poor free throw shooter, which is a huge concern. Huge, great hands. He holds the ball like it's a grapefruit. I know he has an issue with flying, but from what I hear that isn't that big a deal. He's making it to all his workouts."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/06/25/NBA-draft/index.html#ixzz1yvGtyj8J

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
"Royce White, 6-8 forward, Iowa State: "He's another guy I'd be scared to take and scared not to take. He has uncommon ballhandling skills for a guy with that body type. He's a poor free throw shooter, which is a huge concern. Huge, great hands. He holds the ball like it's a grapefruit. I know he has an issue with flying, but from what I hear that isn't that big a deal. He's making it to all his workouts."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/seth_davis/06/25/NBA-draft/index.html#ixzz1yvGtyj8J

Am I the only one who thinks people are making the free-throw shooting issue seem like way too big of a deal? There are a lot of players throughout the history of the league that are good players but can't shoot free throws well. Shaq and Dwight Howard, to name a couple. Plus, its unlikely that Royce will be leaned on to be the scorer that those 2 were/are.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Am I the only one who thinks people are making the free-throw shooting issue seem like way too big of a deal? There are a lot of players throughout the history of the league that are good players but can't shoot free throws well. Shaq and Dwight Howard, to name a couple. Plus, its unlikely that Royce will be leaned on to be the scorer that those 2 were/are.

I agree, but those players are usually playing the 5. Generally if you are playing positions 1-3 and usually 4 you need to hit freethrows. Also, those players are also hall of fame type players so the media/fans are more willing to forget it based on all the other stuff that they do better than anyone.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Looks like Royce dropped on Nbadraft.net they now have him the last pick of the 1st rd.

This may explain some of the reasons for the drop, though it raises more questions re: why he discontinued working out for teams. My suspicion is that he has been told by a team (Minnesota) they will pick him. Otherwise, his excuse of being "hurt" while playing in Des Moines doesn't make sense.

From DraftExpress:

DraftExpress: Royce White has canceled NBA workouts the past two weeks due to "a neck injury," but has been playing basketball publicly in Des Moines.
2012-06-21 11:00:14

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
This may explain some of the reasons for the drop, though it raises more questions re: why he discontinued working out for teams. My suspicion is that he has been told by a team (Minnesota) they will pick him. Otherwise, his excuse of being "hurt" while playing in Des Moines doesn't make sense.

From DraftExpress:

DraftExpress: Royce White has canceled NBA workouts the past two weeks due to "a neck injury," but has been playing basketball publicly in Des Moines.
2012-06-21 11:00:14

They traded their pick away, they dont have a pick any more so there is no way for him to go there.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
They are just looking for things to nitpick on.

And last pick in the 1st round? WTF happened? And I think Cleveland/Indiana/Boston will pick him up. Those seem like the frontrunners and he's expressed his own interest for Minnesota

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Pretty great comparison here:
"Root for Royce White because after he couldn’t bring himself to join Kentucky’s army of one-and-doners, he did his damndest to beat them, battling the Wildcats in the NCAA Tournament’s second round like Hector took on Achilles, Agamemnon and the Greek army. Like Hector’s Troy, the Cyclones eventually fell – but only after White poured on 23 points, nine boards, and four assists on 75% shooting."

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This is funny. By the time a couple years go by. RW will be shooting free throws like most of the league. He has much better form and effort than the really lousy NBA shooters.

Riding the airplane is funny. If a team assigns another person before the flight to be his buddy, he will be fine.

Speaking of anxiety, LeBron routinely bites his fingernails on the sideline.