CFTV: White/Brackins postgame reaction

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I forgot what a good guy Craig is. Despite the lack of success we had in the McD era, we still had some great cyclones on those teams.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I forgot what a good guy Craig is. Despite the lack of success we had in the McD era, we still had some great cyclones on those teams.
Met Craig a few times and I can say he is as nice in person. Tough to find better guys in college basketball and the NBA than Brackins and Royce.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I love the suggestion that guys come back and play every summer....that would be amazing!

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I love the suggestion that guys come back and play every summer....that would be amazing!

I like it as well, but isn't Brackins a free agent right now? I can't imagine if guys were on a team and under contract that the league would be ok with them coming back and playing with college and high school players.

D

DistrictCyclone

Two fantastic representatives of Iowa State University.

Absolutely. Listening to them speak, they're intelligent, grounded, and just nice, positive guys...and the most impressive thing is that they're only 24 and 21 years old. I can't believe how mature they seem for being that young. Class acts.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Look with me 4 years into the future:
Will Clyburn, Craig, Royce, I'll even throw in Scottie if he makes it with the TWolves (Not sure how he's doin on that) could playing a game in the CCL. I'd pay to see that. Thank goodness it's free.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Look with me 4 years into the future:
Will Clyburn, Craig, Royce, I'll even throw in Scottie if he makes it with the TWolves (Not sure how he's doin on that) could playing a game in the CCL. I'd pay to see that. Thank goodness it's free.
That just happened last night...

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Royce seemed really agitated with all of Randy Peterson's questions. Anyone else pick up on that. He used a different tone for RP's questions than he did for others, and also kept them very short. Not a big deal, just wondering if Peterson wrote something RW didn't like recently?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I like it as well, but isn't Brackins a free agent right now? I can't imagine if guys were on a team and under contract that the league would be ok with them coming back and playing with college and high school players.

Team owners might not like it, but I don't think it's written into contracts. NBA players play pickup and charity games during the off season. Didn't Lebron and D-Wade do one last summer that was televised on ESPN?

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Royce seemed really agitated with all of Randy Peterson's questions. Anyone else pick up on that. He used a different tone for RP's questions than he did for others, and also kept them very short. Not a big deal, just wondering if Peterson wrote something RW didn't like recently?
It's possible. It seemed to me like the first question was worded dumbly and then he asked a second question which Royce has answered a hundred times already, and was probably sick of answering it. I mean I'm sick of hearing it, I'm guessing he's sick of hearing the question and then having to answer it over and over.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006

probably because RP asks the dumbest questions you could possibly ask. i mean he asks stuff royce has answered 200 times. you'd think a guy who's covered iowa state for eons would be a bit more up to speed.