Williams Blog: Big hoops recruiting weekend starts today

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
A mystery 2013 man... You sure know how to keep me distracted from my work, Chris. Now I'm going to be checking twitter/ CF every 5 minutes.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
No not a "mystery man." Just one that didn't have a visit scheduled but might be popping in.

So you're saying ISU has been associated with him before? That's cool too. I'll take MT if we're doing a pool.

Any chance you can get an exit interview with Monte Morris next week?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I hope Fred can pick up some recruiting momentum this weekend. There can't be another BCS/major program out there that has went this long without a commit in both major sports longer than us.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I hope it's Thomas. It would be nice to have our top two targets on campus over the next couple of days.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Could it be Rashad Vaughn given the tweet in the football prospects thread about Malik Rucker.? Maybe a 2-1 deal giving us a great start to both the basketball and football team?

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
These so-called Hawkeye journalists keep making the claim that contact with Uthoff can be made indirectly, but the NCAA rulebook clearly states that indirect contact is not allowed either.

13.1.1.3 Four-Year College Prospective Student-Athletes.
"An athletics staff member or other representative of the institution’s athletics interests shall not make contact with the student-athlete of another NCAA or NAIA four-year collegiate institution, directly or indirectly, without first obtaining the written permission of the first institution’s athletics director (or an athletics administrator designated by the athletics director) to do so, regardless of who makes the initial contact.​

I don't care because it's a stupid rule, but they should at least be responsible enough not to push lies on all the tavernhawks.​

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Could it be Rashad Vaughn given the tweet in the football prospects thread about Malik Rucker.? Maybe a 2-1 deal giving us a great start to both the basketball and football team?

He's 2014, so no.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
This Kool Aid is awesome..... I think we might get three BBall commits this weekend. Kinda like the stupid Miami Heat thing with James except low key Cyclone Style.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
MT, MM, and DFS all committing together. Now that would be some kind of weekend.

K

KFitzy87

I was looking at the Wisconsin boards to see what they were saying about Uthoff, and came across a thread about Matt Thomas. A few of them are saying that he has eliminated Wisconsin. Take it for what its worth, but if that is true, I think he chooses ISU. I just don't see him picking Virginia

I have a high school friend who moved in from Wisconsin our sophomore year... In his former high school he played with a kid named Paul Jesperson, who is at Virginia now I believe... I don't know if Thomas and Jesperson knew each other or were close at all, but it's a small world

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
MT, MM, and DFS all committing together. Now that would be some kind of weekend.

exploding_head_3.jpg

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I have a high school friend who moved in from Wisconsin our sophomore year... In his former high school he played with a kid named Paul Jesperson, who is at Virginia now I believe... I don't know if Thomas and Jesperson knew each other or were close at all, but it's a small world

Former AAU teammates. :sad: