Hoiberg on Royce White (Draft Express)

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
That's very fair. The only thing I really disagree with is the anxiety concerns, but everyone says that and I think they are all wrong.

C

CyBer

Good analysis, like others have said Anxiety will be a non issue.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That's very fair. The only thing I really disagree with is the anxiety concerns, but everyone says that and I think they are all wrong.

He will have to prove that to teams interested in making him a first rounder in a more personal way. It's not something they can gather from game tape.

ISU fans followed him for two years (in a pretty obsessive way) and didn't get a single red flag so we see it differently obviously.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Damn, those dudes really did their homework. Fun vid to watch until the very end.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
wait i thought all the mock drafts were a joke done by idiots?

exCYtement

Feb 28, 2011
Ames
Royce just called the guy who made this video out on Twitter. He never plead guilty to anything with stealing a laptop, yet this video said he did. I'd be pretty ****** if I was Royce too...

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Royce just called the guy who made this video out on Twitter. He never plead guilty to anything with stealing a laptop, yet this video said he did. I'd be pretty ****** if I was Royce too...

I was wondering about that. I had thought he was proven not guilty.

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
wait i thought all the mock drafts were a joke done by idiots?

Not actually a mock draft, so your bitter post is...well it just comes across as bitter. Did you watch the video?

This now has an annotation box over it with a more correct statement.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Saw this was linked on ISU Facebook page so thought I'd share it here. It's a phone call from Fred explaining Royce's game. There's also some highlights from the past season in it.

DraftExpress: Royce White Video Scouting Report

Thorough analysis.

Looks like a top-20 prospect to me (although I'm obviously biased, and don't follow NBA draft closely enough to know the draft projections or team needs ahead of him).

Weaknesses seem like legit observations — although, character-wise, the Minnesota problems seem kind of under-the-bridge.

Downsides of game-play: Fairly spot-on. You know what would've made a difference with a majority of that? Another year of college ball. (Again, yeah, selfish from ISU fan perspective :smile:)

cyclonefreak5

Sep 25, 2010
Ames
I wish they would have showed his coast to coast dunk on UCONN or a some of his "clutch" plays, such as the K-state jumper. But other than that, it was a very good video

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think he surprises and goes inside the lottery group.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I wish they would have showed his coast to coast dunk on UCONN or a some of his "clutch" plays, such as the K-state jumper. But other than that, it was a very good video

I agree. But at the same time there's so many Royce highlights to choose from it's inevitable that some good ones are left out :)

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Big twitter conversation going on about Royce:

Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead
disagree. Top 15 pick. Workout meaningless. RT @JonRothstein: ISU's Royce White...Could go anywhere from 10-30. Workouts will b pivotal

Bill Meehan ‏@billmeehan
@TheBigLead @JonRothstein I'd think interviews are most important for Royce.

@billmeehan @jonrothstein I could agree with the interviews portion

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
@TheBigLead @billmeehan was actually really impressed the few times I talked to Royce. Think his shooting is the biggest question.

@JonRothstein @billmeehan the GM who takes Perry Jones instead of Royce White will be out of a job in 3 yrs

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Big twitter conversation going on about Royce:

disagree. Top 15 pick. Workout meaningless. RT @JonRothstein: ISU's Royce White...Could go anywhere from 10-30. Workouts will b pivotal

Bill Meehan ‏@billmeehan
@TheBigLead @JonRothstein I'd think interviews are most important for Royce.

@billmeehan @jonrothstein I could agree with the interviews portion

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
@TheBigLead @billmeehan was actually really impressed the few times I talked to Royce. Think his shooting is the biggest question.

@JonRothstein @billmeehan the GM who takes Perry Jones instead of Royce White will be out of a job in 3 yrs

I laughed at this

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Who actually cares about these videos? It is just for us? I don't see real NBA scouts needing this sort of information from a free public website. And if an NBA scout was paying him for this information, wouldn't they be ticked to see it on a free public website?