Chase Daniels is exploring NFL...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Would be nice to see him move on, but then there's that 5* QB rolling into Mizzou to take his place.

Will it ever end?

chiefsnclones

Sep 30, 2007
he won't be projected high enough to leave. i am guessing to leave he would have to be projected in the better part of the first round which won't happen. plus i think he really wants that big 12 title which should happen next year...they have to beat OU sometime...right?

just curious, it's not just you, ESPN does it too, but why does everyone call him chase daniels...it's definitely daniel.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
I can't see him as an NFL QB. Just doesn't seem to have the necessary size for a QB in this era of the NFL.

Yeah, that is certainly the "book" on this kid. They also said he was too small to play major CFB coming out of HS. Kind of reminds me of what they said about Drew Brees as he went from HS to College to the Pros. I'm not saying this kid will make it in the Pros but you never know.

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
I can't see him as an NFL QB. Just doesn't seem to have the necessary size for a QB in this era of the NFL.

Drew Brees would probably argue that with you. They are both listed at 6'. Todd Reesing is listed at 5'10" FWIW.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
The size may be an issue, but the guy knows how to overcome and win games. There are quite a few teams out there that need a QB like him.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

I think he will do well in the NFL. During one of their games the analysts compared him to Bret Favre. I think that is a very reasonable comparison. I watched him throw a fifty yard strike to Macklin while rolling to his left (I think it was against OU). Add that kind of arm strength to his ability to read defenses and I think he could actually be a star in the NFL.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I imagine he just wants the rating card to see what areas pro scouts think he needs to improve (footwork, ball position, arm slot, etc.) so he can work on them in the off season and improve his draft stock. I think the 'evaluation' is becoming pretty standard for any top level junior out there...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Daniels or not, ISU does not stand much of a chance against Mizzou next year, so this should not really matter much to us. It does make the big12 north look better next year which to me is a good thing, so I guess I am hoping he will stay.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
After watching Bears VS Vikings last nigh tI'd say there is plenty of room for god QBs in the NFL. Sage R could start on either of those teams.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I agree, there are lots of teams that need good quarterbacks, and lately the college ranks have not been producing loads of solid NFL qb's. The college game is too different from the NFL.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think the whole height thing as a QB is overrated. Other than helping see/throw over the O and D lines, it really doesn't do much, and if the O line does their job by cutting down the D line on screens it's negated anyway. Someone mentioned Brett Favre and his great career, someone else Brees and how bright his career has been early. Then there's Seneca Wallace, who's what - 5'10" (on stilts?) and has shown he can play QB at the NFL level if given the chance. Heck. Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, John Kitna, Jake Delhomme, Jeff Garcia, and J.P. Losman are all 6-1 to 6-2, very average for height (the same height as Favre). Personally, I think if Daniel and Reesing have the skills to perform at the next level, the height issue is a moot issue.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
That John Navarre is pretty good at 6'7" huh? I agree that height is somewhat overrated, especially when you are talking a matter of one or two inches...

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
I just don't see it. Daniel is going to be a Flutie/Detmer clone. Decent backup who starts a few games when the starter is hurt. As good as Seneca was, he STILL isn't a starter. I don't see Daniel faring any better.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I just don't see it. Daniel is going to be a Flutie/Detmer clone. Decent backup who starts a few games when the starter is hurt. As good as Seneca was, he STILL isn't a starter. I don't see Daniel faring any better.

Career backup QB might be the best job in america... AJ Feely is my idol, especially since he gets to date Heather Mitts...

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
I imagine he just wants the rating card to see what areas pro scouts think he needs to improve (footwork, ball position, arm slot, etc.) so he can work on them in the off season and improve his draft stock. I think the 'evaluation' is becoming pretty standard for any top level junior out there...

This does seem to be what everybody is doing. I think Ohio St has like 15 underclassman doing this. Either way I don't see him going in the first round this year or next. He could be a good QB, but too much of a risk for a high draft pick. But I would be glad if he left. I still hate him for beating us in 2005.