Royce White or John Shurna

WillieWildcat

Apr 21, 2012
Ouilmette, Illinois
Who do you think will have the better NBA career? I think both will be very good and I'd give the slight edge to White, but I would be interested in hearing your opinions on the relative draft stock and potential careers of each player.

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
Royce will be a solid NBA player. He won't be a superstar, but he will be a very good role player for a winning team. Shurna if he plays professional basketball will play overseas. He'd never make it in the NBA.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Davis an NBA star? Sure, but other underclassmen choices questionable - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings

Player worth pulling for
Goodman: Renardo Sidney (Mississippi State) -- He's conned me over the years, but I'm still hoping and praying people get to see the Big Sid I witnessed back in the day, when he was svelte and looking like Magic Johnson. I know that's multiple suspensions and bleacher altercations ago, but I'm holding out hope.
Parrish: Royce White (Iowa State) -- White went from a heralded prospect to a mess at Minnesota to a troubled transfer to the star of a surprising team from the Big 12, all while battling a legitimate mental illness. Before, he wasn't diagnosed. Now he's medicated. His turnaround has been remarkable, and his story could serve as an inspiration to millions of Americans facing similar issues.

cy1010

Dec 16, 2009
White boys can't play basketball.

bilde

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Let's put it this way: if you were a Lakers fan, who would you rather watch. A plugging skinny white guy or a super dunker, super passer muscles guy. My case rests.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
The OP may or may not be a "troll", but I like Shurna's game and I think he has a shot at being drafted, albeit likely in the 2nd round.

He might look like a computer geek, but the kid can flat out play.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Who do you think will have the better NBA career? I think both will be very good and I'd give the slight edge to White, but I would be interested in hearing your opinions on the relative draft stock and potential careers of each player.

John Schurna will not have an NBA career until he learns how to shoot the ball above his head. He will get his **** blocked all day long in the NBA.

I've seen him play, in person, numerous times....he's not an NBA player right now. Not saying he's not a good player, but he's not an NBA player.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
John Schurna will not have an NBA career until he learns how to shoot the ball above his head. He will get his **** blocked all day long in the NBA.

I've seen him play, in person, numerous times....he's not an NBA player right now. Not saying he's not a good player, but he's not an NBA player.

With the exception of "I've seen him play, in person...", I agree with every word of this post.