Will there be any true freshman playing this fall?

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I think Aka coming in and playing could be a good thing. That means he's as good as expected and he can have solid pt before he's asked to step in and start next season. Knott and Klein played their freshman seasons for that very reason.

I see what your saying but think of him coming and getting in the weight room for a year. He is already 6'4" 255, with a year under Yancy could come out looking about 270. Put that opposite Irving in 2013 and watch the opposing QB wet their pants looking at our D Ends!

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
I expect the Manatee linebacker not to redshirt and have a special teams role similar to Klein, Knott, and Miller as freshmen.

I don't disagree that it might happen. I hope that we can stay healthy at linebacker and get by with Knott, Klein, George, Miller, and Morton for basically two linebacker spots. I hope all three freshmen linebackers can redshirt though.

Redshirt Junior or Senior > True Junior or Senior

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I am not saying he is absolutely awesome, I am just saying our QB situation is not good at all. The completion % for both guys is not good and they are both turnover prone. Neither one can hit open guys, it is amazing. Here's to hoping they improve by leaps and bounds, this would get ISU to average QB play.
And judging by CPR's quote, he feels it's better than you think that it is.

I'd expect Netten to play, but I really, really hope they save Aka, since there are so many ends. Morrissey as well. I could see White playing, in the same way that Knott and Klein played special teams as frosh.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
And judging by CPR's quote, he feels it's better than you think that it is.

I'd expect Netten to play, but I really, really hope they save Aka, since there are so many ends. Morrissey as well. I could see White playing, in the same way that Knott and Klein played special teams as frosh.

Which quote was that? Just wondering.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Which quote was that? Just wondering.

Agreed...

What have the QB's done to make anyone think this offense will be better than #8 tops in the Big 12? We have only been in the top half one time since Seneca left and I believe that was 2005 when ISU was #5. The offense has been TERRIBLE for years and we have seen these QB's are turnover machines. I hope they improve a ton before next season, even if they do they will be average.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron