Utoff appeal

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
Can someone tell me what the process is? Who hears and makes the decision to the appeal?

I just think it's a bush league move by Bo Ryan to put ISU on that list since we don't play them and there was no known tampering. Shows how classless Bo Ryan is and I hope future recruits Wisconsin recruits see what a D*** he can be.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
1) JP picks up phone
2) sounds ****** while twisting a few arms
3) ISU is off list

Inspired

Mar 18, 2012
Can someone tell me what the process is? Who hears and makes the decision to the appeal?

I just think it's a bush league move by Bo Ryan to put ISU on that list since we don't play them and there was no known tampering. Shows how classless Bo Ryan is and I hope future recruits Wisconsin recruits see what a D*** he can be.

I believe a decision-making body outside the athletic department at Wisconsin will issue a decision on the appeal in the first instance. Uthoff seems to think he has a right to appeal any unfavorable decision by the university to the NCAA, but I'm not sure that's the case.

Spam

May 21, 2008
When Wes Johnson transferred didn't we release him with the condition that he wold not go to Kentucky?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
When Wes Johnson transferred didn't we release him with the condition that he wold not go to Kentucky?

That is because Wes' bro was working with Kentucky to get his bro to transfer there allegedly. It was tampering from the word go. :yes:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Per Chris, the entire ACC is off limits? Ryan is making an *** of himself here. I would think that the more stupid limitations that are added, the better chance that he has to get some of it overturned.

It seems silly that Wisconsin would basically not allow this kid to be able to return to his home state and play for one of the schools here. Now I could see them making a case against Iowa because they are in the same conference but the ISU deal is a bit strange. Maybe Bo and his staff know that is the place he really wants to transfer to and out of spite they are trying to block that move.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
It seems silly that Wisconsin would basically not allow this kid to be able to return to his home state and play for one of the schools here. Now I could see them making a case against Iowa because they are in the same conference but the ISU deal is a bit strange. Maybe Bo and his staff know that is the place he really wants to transfer to and out of spite they are trying to block that move.
He could be looking out for the conference as well. Meaning no Iowa State because it may hurt Iowa?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I kind of find the whole notion of transfer restrictions a little ridiculous, even within the conference. Having to see this kid twice a year at the most is going to do significant damage to your program? It makes even less sense when there never seem to be restrictions in coaches' contracts on what jobs they can leave the school for.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I kind of find the whole notion of transfer restrictions a little ridiculous, even within the conference. Having to see this kid twice a year at the most is going to do significant damage to your program? It makes even less sense when there never seem to be restrictions in coaches' contracts on what jobs they can leave the school for.

I completely agree with same conference restrictions.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
Bo Ryan and McD are friends, it's his way of sticking it to ISU as a favor to McD.

Is Creighton on that list? :unsure:

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
From what I have read ......he first appeals to the Wisconsin compliance people. If the appeal is not overturned there........then he can appeal to the NCAA. Problem though......how long does all that take?

Some think Ryan added ISU because of ISU's recruitment of Matt Thomas, who Wisconsin is also recruiting heavily. If that is the reason it is a really childish move.....to put it mildly.

He is going to visit Creighton. If this is not resolved quickly, I could see him going there pretty easily.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
He could be looking out for the conference as well. Meaning no Iowa State because it may hurt Iowa?

I suppose that is possible. Then again Bo must understand that Iowa isn't going to be competitive with ISU anytime in the near future so it doesn't really matter. :wideeyed:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
From what I have read ......he first appeals to the Wisconsin compliance people. If the appeal is not overturned there........then he can appeal to the NCAA. Problem though......how long does all that take?

Some think Ryan added ISU because of ISU's recruitment of Matt Thomas, who Wisconsin is also recruiting heavily. If that is the reason it is a really childish move.....to put it mildly.

He is going to visit Creighton. If this is not resolved quickly, I could see him going there pretty easily.

I hadn't even thought of this.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I hadn't even thought of this.

Probably because it doesn't make any sense. Why block him from coming here if they really want Thomas? Wouldn't it be better for Uthoff to take a scholly away from ISU? Does he beleive Fred will just stop recruiting Thomas because he blocks Uthoff from transferring here? I just don't understand this logic.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Probably because it doesn't make any sense. Why block him from coming here if they really want Thomas? Wouldn't it be better for Uthoff to take a scholly away from ISU? Does he beleive Fred will just stop recruiting Thomas because he blocks Uthoff from transferring here? I just don't understand this logic.

Yes, exactly. The Thomas angle makes no sense. Unless Uthoff and Thomas are friends and want to be at the same school. Unlikely.

Spam

May 21, 2008
It might be to dissuade players from making a hasty decision of transferring home just because they are homesick. But even that is a stretch.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Yes, exactly. The Thomas angle makes no sense. Unless Uthoff and Thomas are friends and want to be at the same school. Unlikely.

Some on UW boards suggest Ryan is worried about JU providing negative input from a UW insider perspective in ISU's recruitment of Thomas and other mutual recruits.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron