• Jared Barnett

Votes: 35 23.2%
  • Sam Richardson

Votes: 26 17.2%

• Total voters

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Tiller!!!! Serious, I want the best QB on the field and I'm sure that's what will be there.

(Safe play)

Edit: I didn't vote.

Last edited:

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Barnett just can run the zone read soo much better. I wasnt able to see the spring game, but Barnett just seems like the better natural fit for this offense.

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Barnett just can run the zone read soo much better. I wasnt able to see the spring game, but Barnett just seems like the better natural fit for this offense.

This is true, but I think we can get enough variety on the ground by using our 4-5 running backs in different formations, positions, and personnel groups. Steele Jantz, though willing to take huge risks, has the better arm with which to make deeper passes. To spread the opposition out, we need to be able to stretch the field vertically as well as horizontally, and Jantz gives us the best chance to do just that.

Barnett, however, is capable of running an efficient offense, and I would not be disappointed to see him win the job by any stretch of the imagination.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Rohach. :jimlad:

Seriously, I don't care who starts as long as they take care of the ball and keep the D out of short field situations.

Reactions: HARMCYN

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
JB looked god awful on Saturday, with Jantz a close second. Sam doesn't look like he could run that spread option too many times, seems like a pocket passer to me.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Steele and barnett may have reached their ceiling. It doesn't appear to be very high for either.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I want the QB who demonstrates in fall practices that they give the team the best chance to win. Since we don't know who that will be, I want to vote for Derp-ech Mode again.

As CPR predicted before spring ball, we really aren't any closer to an answer than we were before.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Were there any two back sets in the spring game?

The qb should be whoever manages the game best, makes the best decisions and fewest mistakes. That's been JB in the past.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Can't be too hard on 2 QBs playing in mobile sets where they aren't a running threat (due to green jerseys). Both Steele and Barnett had several plays where they could've broke big runs but the whistle was blown due to incidental contact (including what would've clearly been a rushing TD for Steele). Add that to the defense knowing they don't have to do much to contain the QB and you have what we saw on Saturday.

I really have no idea what to expect out of this offense come Fall.

Reactions: djcubby

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
honestly, whomever the coaches pick, that's the guy I want. I think it's going to be a fun year though with a decisively divided camp on here. If we don't win in Iowa City this year, it's going to be an interesting meltdown on here bashing that QB. I hope it isn't, but I have a feeling it's going to be a season of people posting reasons why another guy should be starting.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
What sucks is we will have a qb controversy the next two years after this because of Barnet v. Richardson. I don't know why Rhoads doesn't go out and get a 5 star quarterback to end the controversy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron