Early CBS confrence predictions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Those predictions are obviously wrong. There is no way Iowa will finish that low with Woodbury.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
That was pretty interesting to look at. I might have to take a look at this guy's blog and bookmark it next college basketball season.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
Those predictions are obviously wrong. There is no way Iowa will finish that low with Woodbury.

The woodbury part is an unknown but, I think 5 is a SAFE pic against us. I believe we will do better than 5.

I also believe EIU is in the spoiler spot if people are really picking them that low. (yes my fingers were spontaneously combusting as I typed that).

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
The woodbury part is an unknown but, I think 5 is a SAFE pic against us. I believe we will do better than 5.

I also believe EIU is in the spoiler spot if people are really picking them that low. (yes my fingers were spontaneously combusting as I typed that).

I agree we will finish better than 5. Im thinking we finish at 4 with Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Baylor a head of us. I don't know how anyone could pick K-State to finish before us with Martin gone. Even though they are returning a lot, I think the loss of Martin will be too big for them to finish higher than 5.

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
I think we will do better than 5, but I wouldn't be mad finishing 10-8. We'd still make the tourney and if we were to run through a stronger non-con schedule could be somewhere in the realm of 20-10 which would be pretty impressive.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
In sports, margin-of-victory is the greatest predictor of future success. Today I use the tempo-free player statistics to predict how the margin-of-victory numbers will change between the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons. Then I use that information to predict the 2013 conference standings.

So, even statistical analysis is biased against ISU? Man, it really is us against the world.

(I should note that I'm not saying I agree with us finishing 5th, just that... you know... it's math, not opinion)

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
To be fair, it shows us as tied for fifth with Texas. If Frank Martin was back I could see KSU having a chance at a good record, but I just don't have much faith in Weber. I doubt we finish below them.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Kansas
Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma State
Texas
West Virginia
Oklahoma
TCU