ESPN: Pre-Season NCAA MBB Rankings

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Andy Katz: Indiana Hoosiers still lead revised Top 25, but plenty of changes elsewhere - ESPN

I know how we all love to talk Top 25 with the ISU Men's Basketball Program, but ISU was not part of the '12-'13 pre-season ranks. (You gotta believe, if Royce was back...this team would be ranked from the get-go.) Here's to the Mayor proving everyone wrong again. But seriously, these "pre-season" ranks mean diddly-squat. Just something for these idiots to write about.

Also, ISU didn't make the top "snubbed" list either. Classic ESPN. (More motivation for next year's squad!)

VCU, Cincy among new top 25 snubs - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN

Last edited:

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Andy Katz: Indiana Hoosiers still lead revised Top 25, but plenty of changes elsewhere - ESPN

I know how we all love to talk Top 25 with the ISU Men's Basketball Program, but ISU was not part of the pre-season ranks. (You gotta believe, if Royce was back...this team would be ranked from the get-go.) Here's to the Mayor proving everyone wrong again. But seriously, these "pre-season" ranks mean diddly-squat. Just something for these idiots to write about.

Also, ISU didn't make the top "snubbed" list either. Classic ESPN. (More motivation for next year's squad!)

VCU, Cincy among new top 25 snubs - College Basketball Nation Blog - ESPN

We were snubbed from the snub! We have to go deeper!

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Kansas is overrated a bit. Michigan is way overrated. Hardaway isn't that great and they are expecting way to much out of freshmen.

IF Bradley Beal returns Florida will be better than both those schools.

hexodat64

Dec 5, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I can understand not being top 25, but not even being in the snubbed or teams or not being a sleeper team seems dumb. This doesn't mean anything, I guess we'll just be under the radar again

Last edited:

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I don't have a problem with us not being in it. We lost our best player. Clyburn and Lucious could be special, but you can't fault them for not putting us in their rankings

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I can understand not being top 25, but not even being in the snubbed or teams not not sleep on is ridiculous. This doesn't mean anything, I guess we'll just be under the radar again

I wouldn't be mad if Minnesota and Kansas State weren't in front of us. Iowa State was better than Kansas State last year and the programs are pointed in opposite directions, that's just stupid.

Also Creighton is a little high, McDermott's great, but it's basically the same team minus their point guard and none of the guys strike me as players who will make huge strides. Don't think they'll drop off, but don't understand how they make a step forward. Even with McDermott, a lot of players in every sport have a dropoff year the year after everyone starts telling them they're the best player in the universe.

Hiltonmagic15

Apr 11, 2012
I can understand not being top 25, but not even being in the snubbed or teams not not sleep on is ridiculous. This doesn't mean anything, I guess we'll just be under the radar again

What? We're in the "don't sleep on" section.

Don't sleep on: VCU, Kansas State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Saint Louis, Harvard, Pitt, Ohio, Florida State, Stanford, Iowa State, New Mexico, Butler, Miami (Fla.), Saint Mary's, Maryland, Xavier, Nevada, Murray State, Marquette, Valparaiso. (For more analysis, click here)

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I wouldn't be mad if Minnesota and Kansas State weren't in front of us. Iowa State was better than Kansas State last year and the programs are pointed in opposite directions, that's just stupid.

Also Creighton is a little high, McDermott's great, but it's basically the same team minus their point guard and none of the guys strike me as players who will make huge strides. Don't think they'll drop off, but don't understand how they make a step forward. Even with McDermott, a lot of players in every sport have a dropoff year the year after everyone starts telling them they're the best player in the universe.

I think Creighton will be very good again, but like you said they wont' be leaps and bounds better than last season. They'll miss Antoine Young more than they think, he was their best athlete and could create his own shot.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I can't comprehend the KSU love. They were a solid team this year and have some good players. But they were nothing special and they trade a very good coach for a very average coach.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

Don't sleep on: VCU, Kansas State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Saint Louis, Harvard, Pitt, Ohio, Florida State, Stanford, Iowa State, New Mexico, Butler, Miami (Fla.), Saint Mary's, Maryland, Xavier, Nevada, Murray State, Marquette, Valparaiso. (For more analysis, click here)

They added a couple teams to that list since they released it a hour ago. I don't remember seeing Valpo in there either.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I honestly think ISU was just added to that list and wasn't there before. I read through all those and had a huge "WTF KSU but no ISU?" reaction.

Perhaps I misread it, but my initial reaction was just disbelief that KSU was on the "others" list and ISU wasn't.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I can't comprehend the KSU love. They were a solid team this year and have some good players. But they were nothing special and they trade a very good coach for a very average coach.

I agree, they were a good team the last few years but I just can't see them having the same toughness without Martin as head coach. I definitley can't see them being any better than last season.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
where did the "experts" pick us this season? Not sure why you'd take the time to read what outsiders think of Fred & Co.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011

313-155 with an NCAA final within the last 10 years is an average coach?

#newstome