The Simpsons: Springfield, Oregon

purify

Apr 1, 2010
St. Joseph, MO
recent episodes are better then most people give them credit for. I am a die hard, and they certainly dont match season 8 level, but its still good comedy

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
Ya the Simpsons have been stale for a long time.
They seem to be behind curve....I was a little perplexed that they released their movie long after their peak of popularity.....My only guess is that the movie was used to revive a quickly aging brand....

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
watching the simpsons you just can't help but feel they try wayyyyyyyyyyy too hard now then back in the glory days

a scene or gag doesn't last more than 5 full seconds

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
"The Simpsons" is "the Simpsons." It's an institution. Yeah, it's not as good as it used to be, but they've been around for 25 years. It still draws respectable numbers, and they're winding down toward the end of their run. I still DVR new episodes along with a limited number of reruns. Current episodes are usually good for a laugh or two, and are still better than about 75% of the other stuff on TV. It's a step down, because in their heyday, they were better than just about anything else.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
While I agree the Simpsons have gone stale, anything they put out now is worlds better than any episode of Family Guy.

I'm with you there. Family Guy prior to cancellation, the first season they were back, and the Blue Harvest episodes are funny. Other than that? Not so much.

And it's not that I'm a Seth McFarlane hater. I'm not. I think American Dad is flat out hilarious, and at this moment, is the best of the Fox animated shows. The Cleveland show can eat a **** for all I care.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I'm with you there. Family Guy prior to cancellation, the first season they were back, and the Blue Harvest episodes are funny. Other than that? Not so much.

And it's not that I'm a Seth McFarlane hater. I'm not. I think American Dad is flat out hilarious, and at this moment, is the best of the Fox animated shows. The Cleveland show can eat a **** for all I care.
American Dad is good stuff. My roommate and I quote it all the time in everyday life. I stopped paying attention to the Cleveland Show so much, I couldn't tell you if it's on air anymore.