Tulsa football - Some familiar Big 12 faces

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Ex-Husker WR lands at Tulsa | CollegeFootballTalk

In July of last year, Cody Green decided he would transfer from Nebraska to Tulsa.

Now, nine months later, the quarterback will have a very familiar face on the sidelines in 2012.

Tulsa World is reporting that former Nebraska wide receiver Khiry Cooper has decided to transfer the Golden Hurricanes. Cooper was in attendance at the school’s spring game this past weekend.

Cooper, who also played baseball at the school, had decided to transfer from the Cornhuskers last month.

During his four years at Nebraska, Cooper totaled 21 receptions for 140 yards and one touchdown. Cooper will graduate from NU in May, meaning the fifth-year senior will be eligible to play immediately if he enrolls in a grad program not offered at his former school.

And, speaking of Cooper’s former/soon-to-be current teammate, Green Monday was named Tulsa’s starting QB Monday afternoon. Green will be in his first year as the Hurricanes’ starter as he sat out the 2011 season to satisfy NCAA transfer rules.

Looks like they also picked up a Kansas and Texas Tech player.

Last edited:

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Did you have to bring that up? Ugh. Worst game ever. I had one leg over the railing getting ready to storm when the ball was in midair. So open... I remember after it was over just standing there and staring at the field.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I broke out the hawkeye face after that game. You know the look on hawk fans faces when we beat them in football? Yeah I broke that face out for my own us that day.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
That is the most upset I have ever been after any sporting event, ever. That wound will never heal

One of those games that we lost with the North Division hanging in the balance has to be higher on the list than that Nebraska game. There's a reason I hate all field goal attempts.

CycloneRoss

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2010
Did you have to bring that up? Ugh. Worst game ever. I had one leg over the railing getting ready to storm when the ball was in midair. So open... I remember after it was over just standing there and staring at the field.

I remember not really paying attention, probably talking to my friend, and I looked back and saw the ball in the air and then hit the ground. Happened so fast and I couldn't believe it.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009

Were you sitting next to me? I was straddling the wall as the ball was thrown and just sat there for about 5 minutes on the verge of crying. However, I was content with that loss as I have been to way to many hugely disappointing games over the years. They were top ten weren't they?

Sloup

Nov 14, 2009
Ames, IA
Welcome back to Ames, Cody. Shoulda got you the last time... dammit.

That loss hurts as bad as any of em

Getting crushed by a bad Colorado team on our last meeting was pretty brutal.

I feel like I mentioned this earlier. No idea why it's on my mind.

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Were you sitting next to me? I was straddling the wall as the ball was thrown and just sat there for about 5 minutes on the verge of crying. However, I was content with that loss as I have been to way to many hugely disappointing games over the years. They were top ten weren't they?

Very well could have been. I was painted up somehow. Either stripes or with Knott or Klein's # on my chest.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Probably the most disappointing loss during the CPR regime....

That was the BEST loss I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, total kick to the stones. But it really showed us what CPR is all about and got us lots of pub.

I think years from now, in the CPR movie, that game will be shown a lot. :wideeyed:

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
That was the BEST loss I've ever seen. Don't get me wrong, total kick to the stones. But it really showed us what CPR is all about and got us lots of pub.

I think years from now, in the CPR movie, that game will be shown a lot. :wideeyed:

Just curious, who plays CPR?