New Google Glasses- Hud/Texting etc. Crazy

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Whenever I see these kind of concept video's, I wonder how you are suppose to focus on the "screen" (glasses) without losing focus on the world around you.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Very cool, but that video is a complete knock off of one Corning made awhile back. (pretty sure it was Corning)

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpcZVOOtu_0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's the video I was talking about.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Pretty cool. Nothing necessarily "new" but if this is an actual UI, they've done it way better. I remember about ~1999 "trying on" a wearable computer. It was interesting, but way in its infancy. Too small, also running Windows 98, and hard to control (with this joystick thing and your voice). Pretty sure my head slightly hurt after using it too. Definitely wasn't hooked up to wireless internet, GPS, etc. It was just a computer running Windows 98 basically. Boring, but back then it was cool I guess.

IBM Research | Projects | Wearable Computer

The thing on the left you wore and one of your eyes had a display near it.

I'm glad someone is doing something with it. Augmented Reality is also a cool technology. I really hope they pull this **** off. WOuld be AWESOME.

Last edited: