'Tremendous damage' as tornadoes touch down south of Dallas

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Re: 'Tremendous damage' from tornado touch downs south of Dallas

I'm listening to Dallas radio coverage of it as we speak.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
"
[SIZE=+1]Live Reports:[/SIZE]
2:33 p.m. CST: @MadStormChasing "Tornado damage to roof of well-built house in Arlington, TX"
2:31 p.m. CST: "Just in: Significant damage reported at Six Flags amusement park in Arlington, Texas," @ProducerMatthew #tornado
2:23 p.m. CST: Up to baseball-sized hail falling north of Irving, Texas.
2:21 p.m. CST: "Tornado #3 is going to pass very close to Texas Motor speedway," @wxbrad #nascar
2:20 p.m. CST: "Traffic advisory issued -- highway near Dallas, Texas shut down due to tornado, 'numerous' vehicles damaged," @ProducerMatthew
2:13 p.m. CST: @jimwxgator: DFW airport is sending terminal passengers into storm shelters due to tornadoes tracking towards the airport.
2:11 p.m. CST: "A house completely demolished, gas leak in the area" Arlington Police scanner #tornado
2:08 p.m. CST: "Lots of debris and damage to multiple houses in this area," Arlington scanner #Dallas #Tornado
2:04 p.m. CST: Tornado is heading right toward DFW airport. That could be a disaster."

LIVE: Tornado Emergency for Dallas

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I feel bad for those who were affected by these tornadoes, but its tornadoes in Texas nothing new here.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
r

tornadoRAW_480x360.jpg

2wrfj.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Significant damage in the SW Arlington/Kennedale area. As of now, Arlington Fire reports only minor injuries.

So far no serious injury reports from Lancaster (where the semi trailers were getting whipped into the air), other than that a medical triage center has been set up. There is significant damage there however, and several residential areas were hit. That area was getting pummeled by heavy rain/hail which has just cleared out, so the rescue efforts are getting underway again.

The smaller town of Forney NE of Dallas was reportedly just hit, including the school, but the students had already been sent home.

The tornado passed through about 2 miles west of my place, but it might have lifted as it was going by, and then set down again.

C

CyBer

That is intense, I hate tornados hope everyone is alright down there.

milrtym

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
Six flags is right next to JerryWorld. Wonder if the stadium had any damage.

In Dallas for a conference. Skipped out of conference to tour Cowboy Stadium, this morning. Literally, left stadium with a few clouds in the sky. 15 minutes after we left and got back to resort, tornados started touching down everywhere. Heading back to Arlington for Rangers exibition game tonight. Will see how different it looks, tonight.

Cyclone_Grav

Jul 13, 2007
Des Moines
I drive from Dallas to Houston every week right along I45, originally planned to leave this afternoon but snuck out yesterday.