Capitol City League

Prairiepixie

Mar 29, 2012
NE Iowa
Can someone fill me in on the Capitol City League -- when they play, if games are open to the public, etc.

Going through serious ISU BB withdrawal here. Help a sister out.

Thx.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
Starts mid June.
2-3 games a week - Wednesday, Friday, Sunday - triple headers every night until the play-offs. Games at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 during the week, 4, 5:15, and 6:30 on Sunday (I think)
Each team can have 2 non-freshman ISU players on their roster (per NCAA rules). Same goes for Drake players.
Six teams in the league

And of course everyone on the messages boards will hyper-analyze every players results, body language, lack of effort, etc.

All you really need to know is Tavon scored 48 in a game last year....and never saw the floor at ISU. Royce had 4 in a game, and is honorable mention all-american. Of course he averaged a triple double so....

Lots of fun because its a small gym so you are very close to the court, can hear the players interact with each other, the refs, etc. Good times.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Lots of fun because its a small gym so you are very close to the court, can hear the players interact with each other, the refs, etc. Good times.

Yeah this is funny. Babb got T'd up and almost thrown out of a game last summer cause he wouldn't stop talking to the ref and he'd gotten sick of it - it was funny.

Prairiepixie

Mar 29, 2012
NE Iowa
Starts mid June.
2-3 games a week - Wednesday, Friday, Sunday - triple headers every night until the play-offs. Games at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 during the week, 4, 5:15, and 6:30 on Sunday (I think)
Each team can have 2 non-freshman ISU players on their roster (per NCAA rules). Same goes for Drake players.
Six teams in the league

And of course everyone on the messages boards will hyper-analyze every players results, body language, lack of effort, etc.

All you really need to know is Tavon scored 48 in a game last year....and never saw the floor at ISU. Royce had 4 in a game, and is honorable mention all-american. Of course he averaged a triple double so....

Prairiepixie

Mar 29, 2012
NE Iowa
I found some results from last year on the league's homepage.

I assume rosters and schedules are on the website at some point?!?! Do people cover it on this site.

Sounds like a great time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron