Skim Milk

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
For health reasons, and the albeit small price advantage, I've been trying to switch from 2% to skim. The problem is, I just can't hack drinking skim milk. This is the third time I've tried. Just wondering, if I force myself to stick with it will I eventually be able to make the switch?

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
I did, but to be honest, I don't like milk much to begin with. Only have it with cereal.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
For health reasons, and the albeit small price advantage, I've been trying to switch from 2% to skim. The problem is, I just can't hack drinking skim milk. This is the third time I've tried. Just wondering, if I force myself to stick with it will I eventually be able to make the switch?

Have you tried it with cookies yet?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I went from whole milk to 2% to 1% to skim quite a few years ago. I am so used to it now that I have to choke down 2% when skim isn't available. Stick with it.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
start off using it in cereal & things like that....

you can't make the switch just by drinking a glass, but youll make it eventually

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I have no problem with skim. While the 2 percent and whole milks taste awesome, they wreak havoc on a digestive system like mine. I dont drink much dairy anymore anyway but when I need to soak my cereal, skim it is.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I personally made the switch to Malk based on cost savings alone, that and my doctor said I needed more Vitamin R.

Reactions: kilgore_trout

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Try going to 1% first, get used to it, and then switch to skim.

You kind of just have to get used to it.

I've drank skim for as long as I can remember and 2% seems disgusting to me.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

Same here. I will just skip milk all together if skim isn't available. Once you get used to skim you can never go back to the heavier stuff.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
I went from 2% to whole and haven't looked back. Other than lowering total calories, there is a lot of conflicting research as to which is more beneficial from a health perspective.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
I made the switch several years ago. As I recall, it takes approximately 90 days; similar to switching from Coke to Diet Coke. Now 2% milk tastes really bad to me. Once you acquire the taste you will not want to go back. Go Skim Milk and Go Cyclones!

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north

I think 1% is pretty disgusting. I don't know why but I always think it taste rotten to me.

When I was in school, I drank skim milk like water. I can tolerate 2% but it seems pretty thick to me.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
I drink untreated milk as pasteurization is used by the government to control our thoughts.

Reactions: Doc

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Of all the places to cut calories, dropping 40 or 50 calories per glass/bowl of milk just doesn't really seem worth it. Maybe if you drink a gallon a day or so, then knock yourself out, but there's just not enough of a difference in skim, 1%, or 2% to really care all that much IMO.

I also grew up on a dairy farm drinking milk right out of the bulk tank, so to me skim milk = water.