Another great contribution from Bubu

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
Bubu was an impact player last night. It may not have shown up in the stat line but, just like the Uconn game, it was no coincidence that he was on the floor during the big runs. He brought a spark and, like Percy, was pretty fearless in there.

He will never be all big 12 or anything, but he sure is a valuable contributor off the bench.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Bubu is getting better. Quick as hell, can guard people, and his shot is pretty good now. He will only get better and has a chance to be a real nice player. Still has two years to go, too bad we couldn't red shirt him last year.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Bubu is getting better. Quick as hell, can guard people, and his shot is pretty good now. He will only get better and has a chance to be a real nice player. Still has two years to go, too bad we couldn't red shirt him last year.

He's already redshirted.

driegner

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus, OH
Bubu is everything you hope to get from a walk-on. I really wonder how much more productive he could have been if he hadn't been hurt.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I was impressed with his attitude. Dude's a walk-on, and he was taking the fight right to the best team in the nation. And succeeded. It was almost as if Kentucky was stunned someone had the balls to kick them in the teeth. Very valuable player off the bench going forward; you have to have guys like him, and he's got some skill, too.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I am very impressed with him and Percy's fearlessness. They went straight at them and actually won a few individual battles against the best team in the country. I think Fred is instilling the correct mindset in these young men.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
While he made a shot or two, go back and look at the tape and see how many times he was out of position on defense or his "arm waving" defense cost us easy buckets. I guess I see it differently. Every time he came in, UCon and Kentucky went on their runs.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He really played well the last couple of games. I'm happy we have him, but I would like to see what he could do at a mid-major or low-major type school with a lot more playing time. I think he could be a Ronald Nored type player. Not a go-to offensive player, but a guy that can create the occasional scoring opportunity, defend well (of course, not as well as Nored), and hit the occasional 3.

CHAKAZULU

Mar 16, 2011
Bubu was an impact player last night. It may not have shown up in the stat line but, just like the Uconn game, it was no coincidence that he was on the floor during the big runs. He brought a spark and, like Percy, was pretty fearless in there.

He will never be all big 12 or anything, but he sure is a valuable contributor off the bench.

He has been All Big 12 academic in 2011 and 2012, majoring in Finances !

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
While he made a shot or two, go back and look at the tape and see how many times he was out of position on defense or his "arm waving" defense cost us easy buckets. I guess I see it differently. Every time he came in, UCon and Kentucky went on their runs.
You must not have listened to CFH comments in the post game interview where he stated Bubu was the only guard on our team who could even attempt to slow down their quick guard.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
He still doesn't add much offensively...

I don't think that is really what his role is. He is an energy guy off the bench, and our second best on the ball defender.

He was the only guy that even had a chance to stay in front of Teague. He is still raw offensively, and the broken hand certainly didn't help his shooting.

The fact that he is a walk-on, and has contributed as much as he has, should make people thrilled. This isn't like Petey and Sean Haluska taking minutes away from freshman recruits, while "building a program," this is a kid that has come in and played a position of need, and he didn't really hurt the team when he was on the floor.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
not going to get playing time next year , oops he's from Ames so he will start!:jimlad: